3. Carnival Inspiration
I took the 4 day trip from Long Beach, CA to Santa Catalina Island and Ensenada, BCN MEX this past week. all in all I had a good time with a great deal for a solo cruiser. On the ship I enjoyed the Serenity area when the music was blasting too loud at the Lido deck pool area. There were many places on the ship that were quiet indoors and outside. The food was lacking in the buffet. The main dining was ok but not great. I did enjoy the lobster tail dinner mainly because thay had switched to Maine tails rather than the old warm water tails they used to serve, Service was great everywhere I went. I also enjoyed a deck party with a late-night buffet and cheering with the other MLB fans in the Promenade deck aft bar while while watching the playoffs. All in all it was a good trip for the value and not too bad!

All in all not too bad!

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by gmcwalker

• Sail Date: October 2014
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Porthole
All in all it was a good trip for the value and not too bad!
gmcwalker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT R6
The room was nice plenty of room for one and having natural light from the 2 portholes was great. The only downside for some is that being low and at the front of the ship there is more noise from swells and the anchor. When there is high seas you tend to feel it more up front. For me I just moved in my bed until I was being rocked to sleep. I slept great.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Avalon
    I got off the ship and went on the Avalon town guided tour and a special tour at the Avalon Casino. Went back to the pleasure pier area and enjoyed several craft beers brewed on the island by Catalina Island Brew House. There were many places to choose from as far as lunch goes. I went back and had a late lunch on the ship.
  • Ensenada
    In Ensenada I took the shuttle from the dock to the central shuttle location. I then walked north to the Mercado Mariscos in search of fish tacos. There were many small stands serving them up who also had fresh ceviche and seafood or shrimp cocktails. I tried 4. The Mako Shark was the best. Then I went over Hussong's Cantina and Papas and Beer for a Margarita. I then walked back to the shuttle area through the shopping district. Bought some almond flavored Tequilla from a liquor store where I sampled about 8 before I bought. The shuttle made it a quick and easy trip. $2 out and $1 back to the ship.
    View All 505 Ensenada Cruise Port Reviews