3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

My wife and I cruise 2-3 times per year but had never cruised with Cunard. She was always asking ... "When can we go on the Queen Mary 2". I can honestly say that we got two cruises for the price of one. First and last. I have never written a negative cruise review before because we have always had a great time no matter which line we were with.

We did the five night cruise to Halifax and Boston just to see how we liked it before booking a much longer and much more expensive cruise later on. I'm glad we did since it was a real let down. This wasn't just our opinion. Most people I talked to on the ship were disappointed as well. This even includes one couple who had cruised with Cunard dozens of times. I'm not saying don't try it but just don't expect the quality of an Oceania, Celebrity, or Princess.

Overview:

Em/Debarkation: Very quick and organized.

Food: Average at best.

Ship: Very elegant but a little worn.

Cabin: Very nice size with "sheltered balcony". Nice bath. Very small desk top TV. Probably 32"

Entertainment: Very limited. Main shows were very amateur productions.

Keep in mind that this ship is an ocean liner and not intended to be just like a large cruise ship. This may appeal to you but for me it was boring compared to other cruse lines.

Save your money...

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Hocustravel

Overview:

Em/Debarkation: Very quick and organized.

Food: Average at best.

Ship: Very elegant but a little worn.

Entertainment: Very limited. Main shows were very amateur productions.

Hocustravel’s Full Rating Summary