3. Crown Princess
No problem getting on board. Well organized and quick. Our inside cabin was spacious and very comfortable, and was well kept up during the week. I would say the highlight of the trip was the food. We ate anytime dining, and usually ate in the DaVinci room. We were very flexible, and rarely waited to be seated, to order, or to be fed. In general, the food was served hot and was very tasty, with something to please everyone, including fussy children (Caesar salad and fetuccini alfredo)!. We ate one evening in the buffet, and found it to be disappointing. Food not very hot and only so so in terms of taste, so we went back to the dining room. Breakfasts were quite nice, but again, food not always hot enough, and a bit of lack of variety for fruit. The syrup coffee machines didn't work half the time, and the coffee was very weak. My wife drinks club soda, with the soda card, and they weren't to interested in serving non-alcoholic drinks, or the soda fountain was down frequently. The ice cream bar (paying) was a big hit and was good value for money. I found the boat a bit impersonal, perhaps too many people. Friendly enough, but not terribly friendly. Movies Under The Stars was a disappointment. During the day, you can barely see anything (the screen is be very dark). The sound was loud, but did not bother me. At night, we never sat still to see a full movie, there was never any popcorn (?). I thing I would have preferred a real movie theatre indoors with the smell of popcorn. Our kids never really hooked up with the kid's club, and there was little interaction with the other families on board. Perhaps the boat is too big so you never see people more than once. We never went to any shows, saw some of the talent night and that was OK. Freddy, the shopping consultant was very funny and helpful. We had a problem with our luggage on the flight down through Atlanta with Delta airline. While it was not the fault of Princess, we found the employee of the purser's office who was supposed to co-ordinate with Delta to find our bag, less than helpful. On the final day, we found out that we were charged $200 for a long distance call (1-800) to Delta from our cabin. We contacted Delta. When we asked for that to be cancelled, we were told by a british accented Purser - it's not going to happen - the height of rudeness in my opinion. In the end they refunded half the cost. Overall, it was OK, food was good, and the ports of call were fun. Service was only OK, nothing exceptional. There was nothing really WOW or unforgettable about the Crown Princess, and I would thing twice before taking her again. Overall, it was OK, but we're probably looking at another line for our next cruise.

Crown Princess - Eastern Caribbean

Crown Princess Cruise Review by landlubberinmontreal

The ice cream bar (paying) was a big hit and was good value for money.
We never went to any shows, saw some of the talent night and that was OK.
Freddy, the shopping consultant was very funny and helpful.
landlubberinmontreal’s Full Rating Summary