After having read some of the reviews for the Zaandam, We embarked with some trepidation. I kept looking for the wear and tear that was so prevalent in the reviews. Two weeks of drydock certainly did the ship well. All new carpeting, new bar venues, new paint, new upholstery, new attitude! Our veranda suite was next to perfect. Of course the bath decor is a little dated but all the bedding and linens appeared to be new. Not a scratch or dent anywhere. The rejuvenation seemed to affect the the crew as well. The cabin stewards and our favorite bartenders and servers called us by name. Of course Mario at the Pinnacle treated us like royalty. The food was good, especially at the Pinnacle and Canaletto restaurants. Embarkation was smooth as was disembarkation in spite of the rather crude an antiquated facilities in Valparaiso. I thought the entertainment was good. I tried to get to every venue but just couldn't stay up for the late shows. Of course trivia night was popular in the Mix bar and we won the ship building contest. I thought is was a good value for the money and have booked another cruise with Holland America for next year.

A rejuvenated ship.

Zaandam Cruise Review by Ecuadan

All new carpeting, new bar venues, new paint, new upholstery, new attitude!
The food was good, especially at the Pinnacle and Canaletto restaurants.

Ecuadan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Zaandam price drops

Our midship top deck veranda was comfortable and spacious. More than adequate room for our overpacked outfits. The suite was quiet and not too prone to pitch and roll. The only problem we had was that one day there was no cold water. The hot water was really hot and couldn't be tempered. The problem was fixed the next day.
  Zaandam Deck Plans