3. Celebrity Summit
We had a group of 32 friends and family on this cruise and all but one couple thought it was the worst service any of us had experienced on a cruise ship. We were expecting much more since "Celebrity" is supposedly one of the premier cruise lines. I could have saved a couple hundred per person and gone on Carnival. THE BAD - the cruise started with my wife finding a needle and syringe in the cabin left over from the previous guest. We were very upset since we were traveling with our 11 year old son and he had been in and out of the room a few times on his own. I obviously brought the cabin steward to the room and he apologized but stated he had just boarded the ship himself and that someone else cleaned our room. 20 minutes later I found a tote bag on the chair tucked under the desk, again from the previous guest. I demanded that our room be re-cleaned while we were at dinner. I was expecting to here an apology from a supervisor/manager but received no messages the next day. On the third day I went to Guest Services to complain about charges on my account (that were not mine) and also mentioned about the needle. Again no message from anyone in management. The next day the beverage manager heard a few of us complaining about the bar service. Since I hadn't heard from any other manager I used the opportunity to voice my displeasure regarding the needle and syringe. A few hours later I did have a message on my phone from Guest Services - the message asked is I was satisfied with the cleanliness of my room - stupid question. The pre-paid beverage packages are ok but the bar service has gone way down because of it. Tips are already included and shared among all the bar servers and therefore there is no urgency. They make the same tip amount whether they serve you 1 drink or 20. We waited quite often at various bars and on the pool deck for service. THE GOOD - Our most enjoyable part of the day was having a pre-dinner glass of wine at the Cellar Masters Wine Bar. Our host was Anna from Croatia and she was fabulous. Sit at the bar and she will enjoy telling you all about wine. We also had a great waiter in the Dinning Room, since we prepaid all tips we did not have assigned seating. We had a couple of different waiters but Wawan was the best. He was the only one who would go through and explain the menu. The ports of call, (St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, St. Thomas) were the best we have experienced on any Caribbean cruise. The Food - some meals were very good but others bad. I think 4 or 5 people in our group actually sent back dinners (skip the BBQ ribs & Gnocchi). Overall I was not impressed with Celebrity, I feel we didn't get what we paid for, our trip on the Norwegian Pearl a couple years ago was much more enjoyable.

1st Time on Celebrity and Very Disappointed!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Martin85

Martin85’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

• Dominica
    23 of us went river rafting on Dominica. I arranged the trip & transporation with Anison from Antours Dominica. We was great to work with, I paid via Pay Pal and everything went off without a hitch. Everyone in our group wanted the excursion to last a little longer. The water level was not very high so I'm sure it can get a little faster but it was a fun time.
    View All 701 Dominica Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Dominica Cruise Port Review
  • River Tubing
    23 of us went river rafting on Dominica. I arranged the trip & transportation with Anison from Antours Dominica. We was great to work with, I paid via Pay Pal and everything went off without a hitch. Everyone in our group wanted the excursion to last a little longer. The water level was not very high so I'm sure it can get a little faster but it was a fun time.
    View All 30 River Tubing Reviews
  • Grenada
    Took the water taxi ($4 each way) to Grand Anse beach. This was a nice long beach, about 2 miles. So if you like to walk/run along the beach this is for you. Only disappointment her was the guys to try to sell you food and drinks. It seemed like 20 of them came up to us within the first hour, but after that they left you alone.
    View All 634 Grenada Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grenada Cruise Port Review
  • St. Croix
    We went to Rainbow beach on this island. Very nice beach, not much snorkeling but you can rent jet skis, kayak's etc on the beach. The food at the beach bar was good and they made strong rum drinks. It's only a $3 cab ride each way to/from the cruise ship.
    View All 421 St. Croix Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Croix Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    We rented scooters from Ride St Kitts and toured the whole island. Great way to see the entire island. We stopped at a couple of different beaches but Black Sand Beach was unique in that you can see where the Atlantic Ocean and Caribean Sea meet. www.ridestkitts.com was also great to work with but Daniela is very slow at responding to emails.
    View All 1,698 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • Scooter Rental
    We rented scooters from Ride St Kitts and toured the whole island. Great way to see the entire island. We stopped at a couple of different beaches but Black Sand Beach was unique in that you can see where the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea meet. www.ridestkitts.com was also great to work with but Daniela is very slow at responding to emails.
    View All 3 Scooter Rental Reviews
  • Beach
    We've been to St. Thomas on a couple of occasions so this time we took the ferry over to St. Johns and went to Trunks Bay. Absolutely one of the prettiest beach my wife and I have every visited. Problem is it takes a while to get there and is costly. We took a taxi to