3. Allure of the Seas
The ship is astonishing, extraordinary & breathtaking. But it's lacking on service. For me service is a most. This is very important because if a company does not have good service people are not coming back. When you cruise, you expect to be pampered. This is my first cruise that encountered this problem. I thought it was because the size of the ship, but taking to other passangers I find out that the Oasis has outstanding customer service. Let me tell you several incidents that shows the lack of customer service. 1. Room Attendant - in all my cruises, this person is the most hospitable person. He/she ask you what are you plans for the day? Also, might say "I'll recommend this ...," or "How was your day?," or "Do no hesistate to ask if you need something?" He/she leave the room spotless & exremelly clean. Unfortunately, our room attendant did not display excellent customer service. The bathroom had mold for 5 days, the soap holder was broke and was never repair. The duvet insert was not put in correctly. This is the most important person becuase this is the person that you will interact everyday of your cruise. I was very disappointed. 2. The day prior disembarkation I went to print out my airline boarding pass. The person in front of me, was trying to print it, but the computer frozzed. I tried to get an employee who was arranging signs, he said something that I did not hear and keept doing what he was doing. He did not even look at me while speaking to me. For him it was more important to arrange the signs than to give attention to a customer. For him it was more important to arrange the signs than to listen to a customer who pays for his salary. 3. Other than the food outlets, if you encounter an employee around the ship, they will not acknoledge you, neither they will say "good morning" or "good afternoon", "hi", "hello", "how are you". For me Excellent Customer Service is a MUST. If a company does not have it and would not do business with them. Does not matter how beautiful their product is. The shows are very good. We saw Chicago, Blue Plane & Oceanaria. Nassau - It rain the short time we were in port. We had plan to go to Cable Beach, but instead we walk to downtown. St. Thomas - I like St. Thomas. Nice beaches. We have been here before. The last cruise we visit Coki beach, very beautiful beach. This last time we visit Magens Bay. It's a nice beach, but I would prefer Coki beach, it's smaller but is beautiful and more peaceful. Magens Bay is to crowded. We also went shopping for 3 hours. If you dock in Crown Bay, as soon as you get of the ship, there is a small body shop call Laline. I love their products. According to them all their products are made a sea salt. They have the best scrub. Also, they have a bigger store in downtown. My husband bought a shower gel for man call Womanizer, it's smell really good. I love their products. St. Maarten - I love St. Maarten. The liquor is cheaper than in St.Thomas. The only thing is that sometimes they don't all the liquor that St. Thomas have to offer. But for the most part you can find it in St. Maarten. We always go to the French Side, but this time we spend the whole day in the Dutch side. When you come out of the ship, they have stands for drinks, cookies and time share. WORD OF CAUTION do not waste your time on the time share call Divi Resort. They told us that we would get free transportation to and from the time share, $50 to spend in their souvenir shop and the use of their beach. First of all, all beaches in St. Maarten are public, does not matter what is in front of the beach. After we got there, we fill out a questionnaire and they find out that I work for a hotel. When they find out that I work for a hotel, they put us out. They were very rude. There is two way on getting to downtown, one you can take a taxi and the other way is to take a water taxi. If you take the water taxi, as soon as you get off of the taxi, you will see a restaurant on a corner, the food it's really good and people are very friendly. Another thing that I love is a french cookie call macarone, oh my God, they are delicious, you can find them as soon as you get off from the ship, it will be on your left side. They are expensive (3 for $5), believe they are worth it.

Great Ship but Service is Lacking

crabdip’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Outside View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 12586
You could hear the door closing of other rooms. The noise was loud.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins