3. Celebrity Solstice
This was my second time cruising the Mediterranean and my first time aboard Celebrity. The pricing seems too good to be true considering this cruise line was rated pretty highly. I have cruised on a good variety of cruise lines, even including 3 luxury class cruises as well as more family oriented low end cruises, so I had a pretty good idea what of what I was looking for. This Celebrity cruise met and exceeded pretty much all of those expectations. The ship is pretty big with plenty of ammenitis, but the public areas never felt overly crowded. The ship itself was beautiful, clean and very well maintained. We lucked out on our cabin assignment by getting a wheelchair accessible room which is bigger then a normal room. Service on board was spectacular and I loved the dinners in the main dining room. Lunch and breakfast buffets were pretty good. We did dine in the Asian style specialty restaurant (Silk Harvest) and I found the food to be mediocre. Entertainment on board was typical cruise fare and I found it to be a mixed bag. The ports of call were excellent, although we had already visited about half of them. In the summer these ports are all very crowded and hot. After about half a day! we were always ready to head back to the ship. Overall, our cruise experience with Celebrity was fantastic. I fully expect to cruise with them again.

First time cruise with Celebrity

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by slewis7

slewis7’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

AquaClass
Cabin A2 1538
The cabin was very spacious and comfortable. There was plenty of room in the bathroom; the most I ever experiencd on a cruise. This was likely because we ended getting assigned to a wheelchair accessible cabin. The balcony had plenty of room. The bed was quite comfortable. Most appreciated was the fact that the cabin was very quiet and there were no engine vibrations. Our location was a very short walk to elevators and was ideal. Everything related to the cabin was about as good as it could get.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins