3. Carnival Pride
The Pride is showing her age. Public bathrooms were always dirty and seemed to be cleaned rarely. Did not see staff wiping down railings very often during cruise. No mandatory requirement for hand sanitizing before meals. Sanitizers are located well outside of the dining room and often missed by passengers who are in a hurry to eat. Needed to get cane from Medical Center first day of cruise due to sciatic problems. In 5 days of breakfasts and lunches at the Mermaid Grill (buffet) only one staff member offered to carry my tray as i struggled with a cane in one hand and tray in the other. This would never have happened on NCL. I have seen the staff offering to take trays for those who needed help while they were still in the buffet line. One supervisor even walked past me while i struggled. The food was adequate if that in the buffet and in the main dining room. Specialty restaurant was not tried. Wait staff was very friendly. That said- one bartender from the deck bar tracked me down in the buffet to bring me a soda since she was not yet open when i passed by on my way to breakfast and the cruise director and her staff were terrific! It was certainly not 7 nights of hell but was just about the least favorite cruise i have ever taken.

No pride on the Pride