3. Carnival Pride
This was our first cruise with a balcony. We selected a cabin (thanks to advice found on this site) that was for handicapped, wheelchair accessible. The cabin and balcony were quite a bit larger than our travel companions who booked a balcony cabin also. While you run the risk of having a last minute change of cabins, if it is needed by a truly handicapped person,most of the time it will not be. Vibration: My first complaint would be the constant vibration through out the ship. While some areas were better than others, the dining room (aft) was like sitting on a washing machine. I don't know why this was, but I assume there was something major unbalanced somewhere (engine?). Half of the ice machines on Lido deck, did not work. Very annoying to have to find ice for you drink on a hot day. Perhaps they are cutting back on maitainance or repairs. Food & Service: Secondly, during 2 of our dinner seatings, the food, as well as the service sucked. It was filet night and I ordered mine medium rare but arrived overly well done. Inedible... it was like a hockey puck. Our waiter could not be found. We left our uneaten dinner at the table. We usually enjoy a cup of coffee with our dessert. My wife requested decaf and I wanted regular. When the coffee arrived, it was poured into both cups from the same pot. Did we both get decaf or regular? It also seldom arrived with the dessert, or on one occasion, at all. No more midnight buffets... Budget cuts??Half Moon Caye: Lastly, their "Private Island", Half Moon Caye was a wasted day. There is no pier, so the debarkation was by tenders. It was very cofusing, and poorly handled. This took forever to complete. By the time we got over to the beach area, it was almost time to return. All the beach chairs were already occupied or "saved" so we didn't even bother trying to get any beach time in. They had an island BBQ cookout on HMC, but the food pavillion was deep in the interior away from any ocean breeze. It was sweltering hot and quite a walk to get there. The trails were poorly marked and there weren't any staff to guide you to the food. Once found, the food was crap. Undercooked burgers... (really! mine was raw inside). A fruit bar covered with flies. There was seating Again near the pavillion with no breeze at all... couldn't eat there it was so bad. So back to the ship. We wished we had just stayed on board and enjoyed a lounge chair on the lido deck.

Ship showing its age...Service not what it used to be.

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by jabetz

• Sail Date: June 2012
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed views)
Vibration:
Food & Service:
jabetz’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony (obstructed views)
Cabin 7A 5238
The handicapped cabins are quite roomy. Be careful of the "emergencyy pull cord and push buttons. I accidentally set them off twice.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins