3. Carnival Valor
First cruse for our family, and while we enjoyed it, we're not in any hurry to go on another. The Carnival Valor and its crew made for a very nice vacation. I have nothing at all bad to say about the ship and the crew other than the wretched color of the dining rooms, and the strange nautical / historical themes. I think whoever came up with that had done some crazy drugs in the 70's. Rooms were always cleaned 2x a day. Room service was prompt. The staff was incredibly pleasant. The food was much better than I expected. I didn't have anything that wasn't at least "good", except the scrambled eggs. My family tried them a few times during the week and they were way to salty. But other than that, no complaints.... nice variety..... far superior to the all inclusive Mexican resorts we have been to.... tho, for the same amount of days, the cruise was $3000 more when you factor in ALL COSTS. The steakhouse was SUBLIME. I have paid much more for steaks that weren't nearly as good.... or large, for that matter. The destinations: St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau. St. Thomas.... meh, just OK Antigua.... We all hated it.... too much like Jamaica, with people in your face almost every minute trying to get you to take a tour or buy something..... Tortola.... Very nice... Only people who bothered you were the taxi / tour guys, but at least they were nice. We took a $15 pp tour of the island.... was an awesome tour with "Larry"...... He has a silver tooth... you won't miss him. Nassau..... nothing good to say about that pig stye. Gross and overpriced. Still we would rate the WHOLE experience at about an 8....... due to the Valor and its staff.

First time cruiser, went in with an open mind.

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by papa deuce

The destinations: St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau.

St. Thomas.... meh, just OK

Nassau..... nothing good to say about that pig stye. Gross and overpriced.

papa deuce’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 6255
Room 6255.... in our opinions, a perfect location......
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins