3. Carnival Conquest
My wife and I set out for a restful pre-summer cruise. This was our first time on a Carnival ship. First, we learned that the Conquest is a very confusing ship to walk-around on. "Ya can't get there from here" became our un-funny joke. We never did find a deck which permitted us to go from the bow to the stern without changing decks. Nowhere was information given to show how to navigate the ship. Even the outer side lounging areas only had one entry door location (mid-ship). We became grateful to have out stateroom in the stern, below the dining lounge. (we understand how to use an elevator and stairs) We also learned that the Carnival Conquest caters to the young and families. Screaming children running full blast EVERYWHERE ! Don't try to get around the line-dance competition to the restaurant. And EVERYTHING was LOUD ! Including the Theater, which is a huge screen, on the open pool deck. No one on that ship knows what the volume control is for, on the amplifier. I am convinced that this ship is perfect for the very young, but not for seniors. I will be more careful next time, to avoid cruising on holidays, and on lines that cater to young families. I must also say that the ship's employees were as good as it gets. The food was "fine dining" at its best, everywhere on board.

The Conquest

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by rlhstatic

rlhstatic’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 2434
Insufficient personal drawer. The top drawer was taken up by permanent installation of hair dryer equipment. Otherwise it was a nice room. The windows were dirty on the outside making it impossible to take pictures through. The location of this room was noisy from engine noise. The room was clean and well cared for.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Cozumel
    We had been at this port of call before, with another cruise line. This ship landed at a pier that was built by this cruise line in partnership with the port, and together they built the shops at the pier. Most all of the shops that are in the town area, and duplicated at the pier location, so no longer must one take a cab to the town and back.
    This was perfect for us. We shopped and then sat along the water edge to watch the birds, waves and boats.
    Totally enjoyed it.
    View All 5,718 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Island Tour
    Our afternoon tour was with Webster's Tours. They took us to the Tortuga Rum Company store which took our breath away. LOL Then a general tour of the town, ending in Hell. Then to the Cayman Turtle Farm which I found very interesting and educational. It was a good "general" tour, and we recommend it.
    View All 145 Island Tour Reviews
  • Montego Bay
    The tour bus took us to the Coconut Tree for a rest stop and a little shopping. Then to the Dunn's River Falls & Park, where we watched while the young and crazy climbed the rocks to the top of the 600' falls cascade. It was a fun place to take pictures, listen to local music, and purchase stuff made by the locals. We stopped to eat at the "Ruins at the Falls". A fun stop with good food. Then back to the ship.
    View All 3 Montego Bay Cruise Port Reviews