3. Seven Seas Mariner
I wanted a cruise around 6th April to celebrate my wifes birthday. I wanted a smaller ship with a little bit of luxury to ensure the trip was special.It was! We booked through Sovereign Cruises and all of the arrangements, price and service was superb. The flights were included in the price, were with BA out of Heathrow and just what we wanted. Not having been on a 'proper all inclusive cruise' before I was a little apprehensive about service and quality. I need not have been. From the moment we arrived in Barcelona the arrangements were first class. The transfer on to the ship had a minor computer fault but the ships facilities were made readily available to us. From arrival at the airport to sitting down to drinks and lunch on the 'Veranda Deck' took less than 2 hours. The cabin - 'H' class(the cheapest they offer) was 249 square feet with a 50 square feet balcony. Luxurious accomodation with a fridge packed with drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. This was replenished daily without asking. We were able to dine whenever we wanted and there was always a table for two available. The staff were actually happy to provide this! All of the passengers were offered 2 speciality dining evenings each and these together with the main dining room were superb - food to die for! Room service was readily available, again all included, even supplied on the last day, something we have never experienced before. The excursions, again all included in the price, were top notch. Never did Regent run with jam-packed coaches. The quality of the trips were excellent. Negatives - we failed to anchor at santorini, due to adverse weather conditions. Regent charged 49 US dollars per person for a Turkish Visa. The actual visa cost was 20 US Dollars - a minor niggle, but since they had planned to dock in Instanbul they must have been aware of Turkish Entry/Exit regulations.

Mediterranean palette

Seven Seas Mariner Cruise Review by paul stabb

paul stabb’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Seven Seas Mariner price drops

Deluxe Suite
Cabin H 760
excellent location, close to elevator but never bothered by noise. Never felt any ships 'motion'
Deck 7 Suite Cabins