2. 2019 Cruisers’ Choice Awards
  3. Best for Fitness & Recreation
2019 Cruisers’ Choice Awards
Get to know the best cruise ships in a variety of categories, based on member review ratings for cruises taken in the last year.

Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation

Coral Princess
1 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member Beachiekeen1
Our favorite ship activities included Zumba, line dancing, deck parties (I won champagne), walking the true promenade deck and relaxing in hot tubs and pools.
MSC Sinfonia
2 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member EvadneEngela
My husband enjoyed the fitness area and thermal spa every day.
Riviera
3 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member peoplewhoneedpeople1
In terms of wellness, we used the health and fitness center almost daily, it has excellent equipment, never overly crowded and very clean.
Marella Explorer
4 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member Marella
The ship is wonderful, she has a small running track, a small gym, a great spa...
Marella Discovery
5 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member Hottie631
The ship had enough to do to keep us entertained when we were at sea, I especially liked the mini golf course… Gym was well equipped and it was great having a trainer on-hand who held regular classes.
Grandeur of the Seas
6 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member Talionis1
We enjoy the sea days on the ship, working out in the fitness center in the morning, breakfast in the Windjammer, hanging out in the Solarium, dancing before dinner and more evening activities.
Marina
7 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member Cruise Worm
Fitness Center located close by, is ample with a lot of machines with great views through the surrounding floor to ceiling windows.
Oosterdam
8 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member Cruise Critic
The fitness center was fantastic - large with lots of machines and great views over the bow.
Zuiderdam
9 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member celestoid
I enjoyed America's Test Kitchen and pickleball; my husband visited the fitness center on each sea day while I walked the deck.
Norwegian Sun
10 of 10 Best Mid-Size Cruise Ships for Fitness & Recreation
Photo by Cruise Critic member mandelwink
I went to the ship's gym, which had an excellent selection of free weights, treadmills, ellipticals, exercise bikes, and strength machines. The NCL gym was the better of the gyms I visited on my three cruise experiences.

View More Cruise Choice Awards