Win Tickets and Join Cruise Critic at the CRUISE Show!
On 21 and 22 March, the first-ever CRUISE Show will take place in London. The show, organised by the Daily Telegraph and held at London's ExCeL, is the next best thing to actually being onboard -- and aims to offer a colourful, casual and fun way for travellers, whether virgin cruisers or veterans, to learn about cruising. It will feature a whole host of other activities, such as win-a-cruise contests and panel discussions with cruise experts who will opine on topics ranging from family cruises to expedition adventures.
Cruise Critic will be attending and taking part -- and we want you to join us! So, we're giving away 25 pairs of tickets to the show (worth £12 each). Here's how to win:
Answer the five trivia questions below (don't worry, we've provided hints and all answers can be found on CruiseCritic.co.uk).
Send your five answers plus your name, mailing address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first 25 people to submit the correct answers to all five trivia questions will snag a set of tickets – so don't delay!
1. At the CRUISE Show, you'll have a chance to win tickets to Celebrity Equinox's inaugural ceremonies! From which U.K. port will Equinox sail? (Hint: Check out our Celebrity Equinox review page for new ship details!)
2. Fore! You can win a Fred. Olsen cruise by participating in a golfing skills competition at the CRUISE Show. So tell us: What's Fred. Olsen's golfing programme called? (Hint: Our Golf Programs at Sea feature is a good resource.)
3. Cruise Critic will be at the CRUISE Show to give veterans and novices useful tips. What two cruise lines do we recommended to first-timers for ex-U.K. cruises? (Hint: Learn more in our Best Choices for First-Time U.K. Cruises feature.)
4. Hebridean Cruises will be offering a 25 percent discount at the CRUISE Show. Did you know that HRH Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her 80th birthday on one of the luxury line's ships? Tell us which one.
(Hint: Find interesting facts and figures on our Hebridean Cruises profile page.)
5. Stop by the Falkland Islands stand at the CRUISE show for daily prizes (including fleeces, DVD's, a visitor guidebook and shot glasses). Which cruise region offers itineraries that include calls to the Falkland Island's Port Stanley?
(Hint: Our Stanley port profile will lead you in the right direction.)
Beginning at 4:30 p.m. GMT on 10 March, 2009, the first 25 individuals who e-mail the correct answers to each of the five trivia questions will receive two tickets to the Telegraph's CRUISE Show. You must be at least 18 years old to participate; U.K. residents only. No purchase necessary. Send your email to email@example.com. Limit one entry per person. Approximate retail value of each ticket is £12; tickets are valid for one of either show days.