The rivers of the world are fast becoming hotspots for travelers. European river cruising has boomed in the last decade, and cruise lines are expanding to more exotic and interesting parts of the globe every year. So whether you'd like to sail gently along as medieval castles float by your balcony or you prefer the hustle and bustle of a trip through an Asian metropolis, we can help you find your perfect river cruise. Take a look at where you can go by riverboat.Find River Cruise Deals
River Cruise BasicsRiver cruises are an increasingly popular option for travelers. Get the inside scoop to find out why and what to expect.
Choose a Europe River CruiseWith so many itineraries offered, choosing a river cruise can be overwhelming. Here are our tips to help you pick your perfect cruise.
New River Cruise Ships on OrderHere's what's on deck for new river cruise ships making a splash in 2016.
Yangon (Rangoon) Yangon (Rangoon) Mandalay Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Mandalay Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Sa Dec Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) Tan Chau Sa Dec Phnom Penh Tan Chau Phnom Penh Kampong Tralach Phnom Penh Kampong Tralach Kampong Chhnang Siem Reap Kampong Chhnang Siem Reap Siem Reap
APT Cruises partners with AmaWaterways to provide perks-laden full-ship charters of Ama's ships.
AmaWaterways' fleet of ships sail Europe's largest rivers as well as in Africa, Asia and Russia.
Avalon operates 15 ships in Europe and eight more in the Galapagos, Mekong Delta, China and Egypt.
CroisiEurope's focus is providing a good value-for-money cruise experience that is decidedly French.
All-inclusive, Scenic offers unlimited drinks and butler service for all guests in Europe.
Uniworld's cuisine and service are on a par with ocean-going luxury vessels, and the decor dazzles.
Viking's Longship-class ships are identical and make for a consistently good cruise experience.
Abercrombie & Kent tours offer high-end cruises on chartered river and canal boats.
Amadeus offers a moderately priced, a la carte cruising experience, and touts its food and wine.
American Cruise Lines' fleet of seven ships sail great American waterways including the Mississippi.
American Queen Steamboat Company harks back to the glory days of Big Muddy riverboat cruising.
Aqua Expeditions specializes in eco-friendly Amazon cruises on a small, luxurious ship.
Blount offers simple, comfortable cruises on its two American, shallow-draft coastal cruise vessels.
Grand Circle offers a mostly American clientele cruises emphasizing other cultures and traditions.
Pandaw's ships all boast promenade decks and ply rivers in the remotest reaches of Southeast Asia.
St. Lawrence Cruise Lines cruises between Canada and New York State, catering to senior travellers.
Tauck is an upscale and all-inclusive river cruise line with a relaxed, elegant vibe.
Travelmarvel ships offer a high standard you would expect from an APT-owned river cruise line.
Vantage specializes in river cruises, land tours, and small-ship voyages for travelers 55 plus.
Victoria Cruises, operating solely on China's Yangtze River, caters heavily to Western tastes.
- 13 Things Not to Do on a River Cruise
- 5 Awesome Danube River Cruise Ports You've Never Heard Of
- 5 Perfect Souvenirs from a Europe Christmas Markets Cruise
- 6 Great Mississippi River Downtowns
- 6 Things You Must Know About River Cruising in Africa
- 7 Cool Reasons to Take Mississippi Riverboat Cruises
- 7 Ways to Find Europe Along the Mississippi
- 8 Essential Reasons to Take a European River Cruise
- A Guide to Accessible River Cruises
- A River Cruise with a Butler: We Try It on Uniworld and Scenic
- A Truffle, Wine and Cheese Cruise Excursion: We Try It With Viking River Cruises
- AmaWaterways vs. Viking River Cruises
- American Cruise Lines vs. American Queen Steamboat Company
- American vs. European River Cruises
- Avalon vs. Viking
- Best Active River Cruises
- Best Family River Cruises
- Best River Cruise Cabins
- Best River Cruises for Bicyclists
- Best Time for a Danube River Cruise
- Best Time for a Rhone River Cruise
- Biking Along the Danube: We Try It on Avalon Passion
- Bordeaux River Cruise Tips
- Come Aboard My Hudson River Cruise on American Spirit
- Conducting Your Own Orchestra: We Try It With Avalon Waterways
- Contacting Your River Cruise Line
- Cruise Line Tipping Policies: River and Barge Lines
- Crystal River Cruises vs. Scenic Cruises
- Crystal River Cruises vs. Uniworld
- Danube River Cruise Lines and Danube River Cruise Itineraries
- Danube River Cruise Port Highlights
- Danube River Cruise Prices: How to Find a Good Deal
- Danube River Cruise Tips
- Elbe River Cruise Tips
- Emerald Waterways vs. Vantage Deluxe World Travel
- Emerald Waterways vs. Viking River Cruises
- First River Cruise? Here Are 11 Things Ocean Cruisers Need to Know
- Grand Circle vs. Vantage River Cruises
- How to Choose a Europe River Cruise
- How Wind and Water Levels Could Ruin Your River Cruise
- Main River Cruise Tips
- Mississippi River Cruise Tips
- Moselle River Cruise Tips
- Murray River Cruise Tips
- New Orleans on Two Wheels
- New River Cruise Ships on Order 2015
- Newest River Cruise Ships in 2016
- Private Belvedere Palace Concert: We Try It With Crystal River Cruises
- Rhine River vs. Danube River Cruises
- Rhone River Cruise Lines and Rhone River Cruise Itineraries
- Rhone River Cruise Port Highlights
- Rhone River Cruise Tips
- River Cruise Excursions: Free vs. Fee
- River Cruise Prices: A Primer for the First Timer
- River Cruising Trends: Europe
- River Cruising With Backroads: We Try It on AmaWaterways' AmaSonata
- Rolling on the River: Discover the Mississippi River's Best Marine Museums
- Scenic vs. Viking River Cruises
- Seine River Cruise Tips
- Tauck vs. Uniworld
- Tauck vs. Viking River Cruises
- Tips for Tasting: Cruising Along Kentucky's Bourbon Trail
- U.S. River Cruises: 9 Things to Know
- Uniworld vs. AmaWaterways
- Uniworld vs. Scenic
- Viking River Cruise vs. Viking Ocean Cruise
- Viking River Cruises vs. CroisiEurope and A-Rosa
- Viking vs. Uniworld
- Where to Find the Mississippi River Blues
- Why AmaWaterways Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Avalon Waterways Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why CroisiEurope Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Crystal Mozart Is the River Cruise Ship for You
- Why Emerald Waterways Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Go There: 8 Reasons to Cruise Along the Douro River
- Why Scenic Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Tauck is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Uniworld Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Vantage Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Why Viking River Cruises Is the River Cruise Line for You
- Wine Sailings on Pacific Northwest River Cruises
- Yangtze River Cruise Tips
Marvelous Volga River Cruise 2016hpnguyenVodohod – MS Lev Tolstoy cruise – September 13 to September 24, 2016: We returned home last week and I have a need to write my comments without delay to let people know that we had a fantastic time in Russia despite the cold weather ... Read more
Super Trip.retiringWe chose this cruise to see a bit of europe that we hadn't visited before and we were a little uncertain as to how it would be but we settled in very quickly and the crew were incredibly friendly and helpful. The cabin was adequate for our needs and ... Read more
This is our second AMAWaterWays cruise and we were again rewarded with a thoroughly enjoyable river cruise. The Amadolce cabin was spotless and in excellent condition as were the public areas. The crew with Captain Danny and Cruise Director Helene ... Read more
River cruise - Nuremburg to Amsterdamnearly 60 !We chose this cruise because we wanted to do a Rhine cruise and the dates coincided with our Ruby wedding anniversary and our friends 60th Birhtday ( We are from The UK our friends from Australia ) We arrived at the ship in Nuremburg to a warm ... Read more
A truly wonderful adventureReal cruisesWhat a way to visit Normandie and get a taste of Paris! This was our first cruise of any kind. We are very happy with our choice. From beginning to end all went well. The crew were welcoming, helpful, efficient and professional. They must be ... Read more
Danube River Cruise did not live up to expectations.ptownandpompanoThis experience was ok, not great, not bad. The highlights were the included orientation tours at each stop, and the great, friendly and efficient crew. Everyone on the ship tried hard to please, but it is hard to say it was an outstanding ... Read more
South of FranceparentThis was our second river cruise with Scenic having previously sailed from Budapest to Amsterdam earlier this year. We found this cruise to be less frenetic and we were able to enjoy the ports of call in the afternoons and evenings after the ... Read more
- Cruisin' Green - Lets Talk Emerald Waterways! gbanshee
- Long, rambling tale of our Viking Rhine Getaway on the Mani 8/26/16 Cyber Kat
- Archive: AUGUST 2016 Q&A W/ Amawaterways LauraS
- Archive: AUGUST 2016 Q&A W/ Croisieurope LauraS
- Vantage refund report RDC1
- Vantage, Burgundy, Beaujolais, & Provence CPT Trips
- Rhine water levels 2016 and similar topics notamermaid
- Viking Grand European AMS-BUD Aug 2016 photo journal with pre-cruise Amsterdam TexasGiGi