3. Oasis of the Seas
Our initial boarding process at Ft Lauderdale was quite impressive. It is one of the largest but fastest boarding processes for any cruise we have been on so far. Once on the ship we had to wait for rooms to be ready but that was not a problem because you could spend a lot of time just checking the ship out. There is so much activity and things to see and do. So far as room size itself, we had a balcony but the room was extremely small considering size of the ship. Shower was like a phone booth. I expected Clark Kent to come in and change into superman! It was comfortable but had a chair instead of a couch. Balcony barely had enough space for small table and 2 chairs that you had to move to sit down. Each day had new discoveries and entertainment. I have to say that entertainment was very good and you had something to do every day. Hairspray, Ice show and Aqua shows were our favorites. We did not do any of the specialty restaurants. However the evening dining room had great food and service. We had a few meals and breakfast in Windjammer and some in the dining room which had good breakfast and lunch. As a senior citizen I have bad knees and cannot walk or stand for very long at a time. Downside of being the largest ship, we always docked at the very end of the piers every time and all but one time there was no cart to take us to the shore. For this reason, I would probably take smaller ship next time or possibly look into renting a motorised scooter or chair. But if you are young and athletic it can be a great workout. Elevators were same as on all cruise ships. Normally easy to get except at meal times or special functions. One thing I saw this time is at peak times some of the elevators would pass the floor without stopping and display priority service. Later they would come back down or up full. Not sure this is completely fair to the rest of the passengers. So far as an overall rating for the ship I would rate it at the top in spite of my physical limitations. Guest services was extremely helpful and friendly and each and every crew member we delt with was very friendly so top rating to the crew. RCL and the airlines offered a luggage valet feature for $20 per person where you set your luggage out the night before arrival with the special tags they provide and you don see it until you arrive home. They also had boarding pass.

OASIS of the Seas first time experience

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by garynec

• Sail Date: February 2012
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

There is so much activity and things to see and do.

Elevators were same as on all cruise ships. Normally easy to get except at
meal times or special functions. One thing I saw this time is at peak times

garynec’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 14650
Very small for the category of room we paid for
(superior Balcony). There was nothing superior about it. I have had inside rooms of other ships larger and more comfortable.

Other ships provide or allow small hot water/coffee pots in the rooms. The Oasis insisted we have room service bring a pitcher of hot water or coffee. This was very inconvenient.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins