3. Viking Prestige
We took this cruise with another couple and would have no trouble recommending it to others. The Prestige is new this year and is in excellent shape. Our room was well laid out and I liked the way there was a small table and two chairs by the window wall. We were towards the back of the ship and had no trouble with noise or vibration. Meals were all of very good quality and the selection was good enough that I could always find something that suited. The Bavarian lunch on the sun deck was a lot of fun. The serving staff was efficient and very friendly as were all the crew members we encountered. Port excursions were efficiently handled and we were very pleased with all the local guides we received. Slower moving groups were available on all but one of the excursions (that one being mainly on a bus). We only took the optional WW II trip in Nuremberg which was good, but did hear positive things about the others from fellow passengers. We were planning on renting a car in Nuremberg and driving around Bavaria for a week following the cruise before returning to Nuremberg to fly home. Here is where the only small glitch occurred. Since we paid for air deviation, there was no transfer from boat to airport provided (we did get from airport to boat). Somehow we did not get/see/hear this information. We wound up having to order a van at the end. The cab company sent two cabs, so we had to pay two cab fares. I mentioned this on Cruise Critic and was contacted by Viking who settled the matter to my complete satisfaction. I was impressed by that. All in all, it was a thoroughly excellent cruise and we enjoyed it immensely. We would travel Viking again.

Viking Prestige Budapest to Nuremberg Danube

Viking Prestige Cruise Review by Big Al B.

• Sail Date: September 2011
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

Big Al B.’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin C 234
Plenty of storage space, small shower, nice layout
Middle Deck Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins