3. MSC Poesia
This was my first MSC cruise. I had taken 15 cruises before this one. Cabin: Small,inside,but ok for me. No hair conditioner or body lotion. Bed hard. Very lumpy pillows. No chair-just a stool. No choc. mint on pillow at night. Food: Hit or miss. Very inconsistent-for example I had veal scaloppini one night and it was great,another night it was terrible. Some food good(even great),some bad(so bad I could not eat it),and some just average. Filet mignon,prime rib,most veal dishes,most pasta dishes,tiramisu-very good. Pizza very bland with little tomato sauce. Most food lukewarm not hot. Lunch and breakfast menus for the most part were the same each day-even in the dining room. I found the food in the dining room to be better than the buffets. You had to ask for spoons a lot. Activities: Could have had more scheduled. On some sea days no activities available in the early afternoon for a few hours! Liked the trivia team events. Loved the Italian lessons(Nina was a great teacher!). Entertainment: Evening shows in main theater were enjoyable. Variety acts-singers,dancers,acrobats,magicians. Some classical music. Later-10:15pm show done by the entertainment staff was usually very enjoyable. Entertainment staff quite good-some of them Tyler,Nina,Rafael,and one Francesco knew me by name by the end of the cruise.Organization: This is one area that MSC needs to improve besides food. For example,on boarding the ship in New York,they did not have enough luggage tags. Also Lack of communication at times,especially waiting for tenders. Restrooms on public decks difficult to find. Personnel: Cabin steward great. Dining stewards great. Some shore excursion staff people rude. Entertainment staff I thought quite good. Only saw Cruise Director at evening shows. Reception people I found nice and helpful-especially a gal named Roberta. Passengers aboard ship: Lot of Americans and Canadians. Some Europeans. Very few well behaved children. Nice meeting my Cruise Critic people who attended my Meet and Greet event. My dinner companions-Linda,Pamela,Cathy,Betty,and Bill were nice and great company. And a nice guy Jim,who I met at breakfast one morning,and was surprised to see on my 7 hour shore excursion to Boston the next day. Bottom Line: I did enjoy overall this cruise,with some irritating things tho. Would I take another MSC cruise? A Big Maybe-if the price was really good and the itinerary was good too!

Mixed Review

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Kreader

This was my first MSC cruise. I had taken 15 cruises before this one.

Kreader’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

12199-Small. Could have used a chair. Some noise above in the buffet area.
  MSC Poesia Deck Plans