• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Kreader
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2011
Cabin:

This was my first MSC cruise. I had taken 15 cruises before this one.

Cabin: Small,inside,but ok for me. No hair conditioner or body lotion. Bed hard. Very lumpy pillows. No chair-just a stool. No choc. mint on pillow at night.

Food: Hit or miss. Very inconsistent-for example I had veal scaloppini one night and it was great,another night it was terrible. Some food good(even great),some bad(so bad I could not eat it),and some just average. Filet mignon,prime rib,most veal dishes,most pasta dishes,tiramisu-very good. Pizza very bland with little tomato sauce. Most food lukewarm not hot. Lunch and breakfast menus for the most part were the same each day-even in the dining room. I found the food in the dining room to be better than the buffets. You had to ask for spoons a lot.

12199-Small. Could have used a chair. Some noise above in the buffet area.

Port Reviews

Halifax

Very interesting port. I did my own thing. Walked up to the fort-very interesting. Also went to the Maritime Museum which I really enjoyed.

Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)

I took the ship's Anne of Green Gables Ultimate tour. Really good. Enjoyed the museum a lot(where the author married),and the homestead. Very short horse and buggy ride.

Quebec City

Had to buy a 2 day bus shuttle pass for $12.00 to center of city because we were docked so far away. First day I walked and climbed steps to Upper Town. Toured the fort and Chateau Frontenac-both very interesting. Also went in one church. Also toured the French-American museum-very interesting. Second day toured the Interpretative Center Museum,and the Museum of Civilization-both very interesting. Place Royale was just interesting.

Saint John (New Brunswick)

Did my own thing again. Tour a city bus tour of the town for $20.00. Saw the Reversing Falls-a lot of rapids,and the old City Market. In the afternoon toured the New Brunswick Museum-very interesting.

Bar Harbor

Got off the ship and took the 10AM National Park bus tour of Acadia National Park-very interesting. Great views,and some fall colors. Went to Abbe Museum in the afternoon very small and somewhat disappointing. Great shopping-some stores had 50% off sales because it was the end of the cruise season.

Boston

Took a 7 hour ship's tour of Boston,Lexington,Concord,and Harvard. Great tour but not enough time in Lexington and Concord. Both Lexington and Concord very interesting.

Newport

As the tenders were very late I had little time here. Did manage to take a public bus to the Breakers-took a great tour there.

Find an MSC Poesia Cruise from $59