• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

GARYTHEHITMAN
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2011
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

This was my sixth cruise on the Wind Surf, and in many ways the most enjoyable. My wife Linda and I celebrated not only our 44th wedding anniversary, but also my 67th birthday. We traveled with a high school friend from California and her niece (first time cruiser), and had a wonderful time.

Boarding the Wind Surf for me is always a "homecoming" experience. It seemed that the entire crew knew me by name within a few hours! Since I was traveling with 3 women, our favorite waiter "One" started referring to us as "Charlie and the Angels".

I was pleased to see that the ship was not nearly in as bad shape as I had read about in some recent reviews. True, the carpet in the Yacht Club area was stained, and the "guide book" in our room was frayed. But overall, I saw few visible signs of deterioration. There were new rattan lounges on the pool deck, replacing the previous white plastic lounges --- a nice upgrade. The exercise equipment also looked new, and I used it every morning. I have seen the renderings of the new decor that is planned for the Wind Surf, & can't wait to see it in reality.

Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin A

254 is a great cabin, located very close to the front elevator. Very convenient for dining hours.

Port Reviews

Dubrovnik

Great walled city, with wonderful views. Takes over an hour to walk the perimeter.

Find a Wind Surf Cruise from $1,784