3. Carnival Fascination
This was our first cruise on carnival and we loved it. Our son got married on the ship so it was a family affair. The staff could not have been more helpful the day of embarkment. Our son forgot his wallet and had to go home which is about 1 hour from Jacksonville's port. The staff made sure everyone got on the ship in time to attend the wedding. The wedding and reception were really nice, everyone had a great time.

We had the early seating and sat at the captain's table. The food was very good. I loved the melting chocolate cake with ice cream. We ate at the buffet for breakfast and lunch. They had a theme every day which was cool.

Half Moon Cay was beautiful and we had a great day. We went shopping at the straw market in Nassau.

Wednesday, a sea day, my husband became ill and went to the medical center on the ship. He went into heart failure and the doctor had to intubate him. I can not say enough about the doctor and nurses who saved my husbands life. The doctor call the captain of the ship and said he had a man fighting for his life and he needed to go as fast as the ship could go to get to port. The captain made an announcement that due to a medical emergency the ship would get to port earlier than scheduled. The ship pulled into a freight port in Jacksonville and an ambulance was there waiting for my husband. My husband was in Shands for 9 days, 7 days on a ventilator. All the medical staff at Shands were amazed at the excellent medical treatment my husband received on the ship. It was the talk of the hospital. Words cannot express the gratitude I have for the doctor, nurses and staff who helped my family in a very stressful time.

I would definitely cruise again on carnival fascination. However, my husband says no more cruises for him.

Eventful Cruise

Foxynana4’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean View
Cabin 6A m81
refrigerator would have been nice
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins