• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2011
Cabin: Balcony

Introduction

My lovely wife, Rosy, slipped on ice, pre-Christmas, and broke her left shoulder. She suffered a lot of pain and has been off sick from work since then. I decided that some hot sunshine would cheer her up and hopefully aid her recovery.

Therefore, we looked for a Caribbean cruise, at a good price, preferably departing Florida. There were several to choose from, but alas no 'award' flights available. I had an American Express 2-4-1 voucher, which allowed me to use my BA miles to purchase two tickets for the price of one, on a return flight from the UK to any destination.

Balcony

Cabin 8D

8208 is a very comfortable and spacious cabin, with a small balcony. The TV was a bit temperamental and the wi-fi very unpredictable. Shower had decent pressure and was quick to heat up.

Port Reviews

Montego Bay

This is a nasty port to venture outside the gates. One can feel very threatened and hustled. We took a cab and were quoted $10, but when we got to our destination he wanted $60. I said "on yer bike"!

The Sunset Beach Resort offers an all inclusive day pass, which is probably the safest excursion. It is possible to walk there and takes about 15 minutes.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

We took a short walk to the Eden Rock snorkelling place, where we hired fins and saw lots of fish. They also do organised skuba diving. Next we sampled rum cake, before enjoying cocktails at Hammerheads bar.

previous reviewnext review