3. Star Princess
My friend and I flew from Houston, TX directly to Paris, changed planes there and on to Copenhagen, Denmark. We had reservations at The Square, but they overbooked and moved us to the Copenhagen Island Hotel. It was located on the water and very nice. We were compted breakfast for two mornings and a bottle of champagne for the inconvenience. Also they compted us transportation tickets to get to the city center. Our trip to the ship was uneventful...we took a taxi. It was at the farther dock. Getting on-board was one of the easiest I've ever experienced. No lines and no trouble. Our room was ready upon arrival and we received our luggage within an hour of getting on-board. The Star Princess is a beautiful ship. The personnel are some the happiest I've ever experience. They are eager to help and eager to please. I loved everything about the ship except the food in the dining room. The food was bland and uneventful. Nothing special. The food in the buffet was better than the dining room, which is usually not the case. The wait staff in the dining room was wonderful. Some of the best I've ever experienced. You can't blame them for the food. In most ports the places accepted US dollars and Euros. We did change some money in a few places, but you really don't need to. At each port there is transportation to get you to the center of the city. There was no problem at any of the ports. Most everyone speaks English, if you ask someone under the age of 25. Very friendly people everywhere. No worries. Caution....watch out for pickpockets. They ARE everywhere in all ports. I know from first hand experience. Carry your important things in a money belt around your waist, under your clothes and out of sight. Even zippered things are vulnerable. Our weather for the trip was good. Not to cold. A light jacket was perfect. We had no rain except in St. Petersburg. Carry an umbrella. It rains a lot there. Getting off the ship was as easy as getting on. No problems. Took a taxi to our hotel...The Crowne Plaze at the Airport. We had early flights the next morning. There is a mall a short walk from there and a train pick up. We took a taxi to the airport.

Baltic on the Star Princess