MSC Seaview Cruise Review

Uncomfortable Non Smoking ship, inhospitable staff

MSC Seaview Cruise Review by sorocco

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

MSC is my preferred cruise line but I was let down by this ship and some of the staff.

I enjoy a smoke with my cocktails and also a chair to sit on but there is very limited smoking areas and sitting areas on this ship. On the back deck the chairs and tables were available to sit on about 2 or 3 hours the entire cruise. They had them stacked in the corner.

The only smoking area inside the ship is the casino, the only seating in the casino is at the poker machines and you cant sit there unless you are playing the machines. The only bar that opened late where you could smoke was outside on the 18th deck, we had a late first night at this bar as we had met some lovely people there and had a chat and a few drinks, but not a good idea as staying out in the freezing cold I ended up with a horrible flu . A couple of nights later feeling brave enough to have a cigarette but not brave enough to stand in the freezing cold, I went to the casino for a smoke, it was about 10 minutes before it opened, apparently I was breaking the rules and one of the staff came and said he would have me arrested by the Barcelona Police Force for smoking before the Casino opened. I complained to the Casino manager about the threat to have me arrested and the lack of comfortable smoking areas on the ship, I told him I would write a review on the ship and mention lack of comfortable smoking areas. Well next morning I get called down to the Service managers office basically being threatened to be thrown off the ship because I was a "Blogger" who was threatening to do a bad blog !!!! , This service manager was so rude, she had long red hair and strutted around the ship like a prison warden.

Food was good but the weather was cold, like the staff.

sorocco's Full Rating Summary

Rome (Civitavecchia)

We caught the train to Termini in Rome and walked to the Colesseum, coming back we forgot to validate our train ticket and nearly got fined, the nice guard let us off. Getting taxi back to ship from station we asked to get taken straight to the ship, this missed the big line up for shuttle bus to ship.

Next Review