• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Don Kehote
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise for both the itinerary and for the low price. In retrospect, I think we would choose something different next time. With Key West's stop being just a few hours in the early morning, I think we all missed out on a lot that the town has to offer. Cozumel, we didn't even get off the ship, instead choosing to lounge around and enjoy the solitude and empty spa!

Before I get too deep - bring a straw. The sugar straws are like...candy cigarettes from the 80's. When they sit in your drink too long they turn into a wormy noodle and gag-o-matic.

Anyway, to the food/drinks!

Balcony

Our cabin was large enough to move around in easily. I was concerned that I would not have enough legroom on the balcony, but there was more than enough for me (I'm 6'4").

There were handprints from previous guest on the window that never got cleaned off.

We requested evening service, but got morning instead. That made for an awkward day.

There was very little noise at all from the Lido deck, or from the atrium bar. The most noise we heard was from the hallway through the door (those slats at the bottom let ALL the noise come right through - but I certainly hope it doesn't let it out as well - IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!).

The hot water was hit and miss - sometimes it stayed cool, other times there was plenty of heat. Once, it vacillated, and I had to keep adjusting the temperature from SCALD to FREEZE.

Port Reviews

Key West

Key West is MUCH more interesting after Noon. We went to Blue Heaven and had Key Lime Pie because Kermit's is marketed garbage candy. The free bus is GREAT and I encourage you to use it.

Cozumel

We did not disembark this time! Stayed on board and loved the open ship.

3 Helpful Votes