3. Carnival Splendor
I chose this cruise to go to Komodo Island. On boarding I found my cabin (no one giving directions at all) upon entering what was supposed to be a wheelchair cabin I found I could not access the toliet as the beds blocked the way. Contacted room steward and was told someone would come sort it out it took 7 hours before someone arrived not to sort it out but to ask if I wanted my room done morning or evening (he said he would rearrange the beds for me when he came in later which he did). I had no hot water for the first 7 days of the cruise. Only half the lifts worked which resulted in having to wait half hour to enter a lift some days and at times only 1 lift worked and last full day there was 2 hours that no aft lifts where working. The set out of the ship is really not wheelchair friendly and I did not find one push button opening door on any disabled toilet which made it very difficult to get in and out of without help. Tried to book some tours on board but was told there was no tours available to people in wheelchairs. Was very angry to be told I could not get to Komodo as I would not be able to get around in a wheelchair. Even after booking a private tour they tried to stop me going. Yes I got there and yes I got around and yes I saw dragons. I found it disgraceful that staff judged what I could and could not do by the fact I use a wheelchair. Most of the staff where very good. I had the misfortune to be within a meter of a man who physically assulted a woman in a mobility scooter because she was swearing. Security did not want to know what happened and tried to sweep it under the rug, they took statements from people who either did not see what happened or where not even there but had no interest in getting one off the only witness to it. I had to insist that I made a statement about it even after waiting 8 hours for security to contact me as they said they would.

So many problems and would not reccommend this ship for wheelchairs

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by dreamtime13

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Asia
I chose this cruise to go to Komodo Island.

I had no hot water for the first 7 days of the cruise.

dreamtime13’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Cabin was ok when I could finally access toilet not enough room to turn wheelchair without lots of problems. Comfortable enough.
  Carnival Splendor Deck Plans