3. Rotterdam
Chose this because of itinerary which included Israel and transatlantic back to the States. Also it was originally going to be on the lovable Prisendam. Excursions - I am one to seek out alternate excursions to what the ship offers but those on this ship seemed reasonably priced and did not disappoint. We did an overnight in Jerusalem and enjoyed every aspect of this two day excursion. Olympus, Rhodes, and Santa Cruz were also especially good. Entertainment - We were so lucky to have Hyperion Knight join the ship for the crossing. His talent and style as a classical pianist is incredible. He was scheduled for one show but actually did four others on stage and in a lounge. He is also one fine trivia player. Otherwise, I enjoyed the Canadian and the British comics, however I heard over and over again that passengers really missed the singers and dancers who apparently have been eliminated from Holland America. The two singing groups of young men were top notch. Main Restaurant - our main waiter and his assistant were the best we have ever had. Harley made sure everything went well at each meal, there really is no reason to complain about an item on Holland America, one just needs to voice a concern (too cold, not cooked to order, etc) and it will be made right. Room Stewards - I marvel at just how good these people are at their jobs. Cruise Director/Assistant - did his job but duties seem to have been reduced. The lady that was coming on for the Panama Canal cruises seemed to be more genuine and down to earth. Minor complaints - there was no grape juice, Happy hour used to be buy one get one free, now it is buy one get a second for $2. This does not seem bad but as a non drinker, I used to take advantage of the happy hours to purchase a soft drink and get one free, $2.25 for two cans is not that bad but paying $2 for a second can, definitely not a deal. I just bring a few bottles of Coke Zero on the ship each cruise. If the daily movie was only offered at 7:30, it was not possible for 8:00 diners to see it. Other cruises showed the movie at 7:30 and 9:30.

Hyperion Knight Made this Cruise Pretty Darn Good

Rotterdam Cruise Review by grevlup

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Room Stewards - I marvel at just how good these people are at their jobs.

grevlup’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Rotterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin F
Cabin was excellent in every detail except for numerous loud noises coming from below entering and leaving ports.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins