3. Norwegian Sun
This was my first cruise. My wife booked this to celebrate our 35th anniversary. I was expecting an upscale experience from Norwegian compared to the lower cost lines. Our first experience was a thirty minute wait to get a drink. I assumed that this was early crowds just arriving but the wait times didn't really get much better. We spent some time in the pool area but left because the sound system was turned up too loud. I suspect the live entertainment was good but we couldn't enjoy it with the volume turned up that loud. The cafeteria was never very busy. There were plenty of seats. The food was OK, not great. The sit down restaurants were better although the meat portions were small and over cooked. The Italian Restaurant was pricey but excellent. The private island was nice. The barbecue was OK, not great. The music was turned up really loud there as well. We found some seats at the opposite end of the beach from the DJ. Snorkel rental wasn't worth it. The equipment was of poor quality and there wasn't much to see. The last night, the ride was really rough so we didn't get much sleep. On our way out, I left behind a toiletries kit with an expensive shaver in the state room. You can't go back to get it once you depart the ship so we relied on the lost and found system. I'm sure it was found by our steward but not turned in so it's gone. It was my fault that I left this behind but it should have been turned in none the less.

Spent my time trying to escape the noise

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by steveni1234