3. Britannia
Wanted a cruise in the Mediterranean in September. Cruised several times before but not on Britannia. Huge ship and that means it is very spacious. At no time did it feel crowded. Lots of space on deck. Lots of sunbeds. If you meet irritating people don't worry you will never see them again. Restaurants were busy. Lots of space to read. Enjoyed walking on deck. Nice pools. So smooth. Forgot we were at sea. Restaurants were busy but well organised. Top tips: Opt for freedom dining it worked really well for us especially on shore days when you want a rest before dinner. If they can't fit you in they will give you a pager and you can go off and have a drink or walk. Sorry to be negative but overall food in my opinion was poor. We have been on 8 cruises and we definately noticed a difference in food quality. Food was sometimes cold in the Horizon. Not the chef's fault but poor menu choices and poor ingedients. Steak and chips, liver, cottage pie lumpy mashed potato and tinned fruit is not what I expect having worked hard and saved for years for this holiday. Desserts were unexciting. Food reminded me of Butlins in the 80s. On the plus side I didnt feel constantly bloated and didn't put on loads of weight like other cruises. A lot of emphasis was put on paying extra for other restaurants. Well NO I am not paying extra I have paid enough. The mini bar in the cabin was an unnecessary extra too. On the positive side staff were so helpful, friendly and go out of their way to make your meal lovely. Top tips: Order breakfast to be brought to your cabin. IT IS FREE. Have it out on the balcony. A beautiful start to your day. Ours was brought to us by Francis so lovely and friendly. Ship was clean and tidy apart from the windows which need a good wash. Lots of handwashing facilities around the ship and public toilets were immaculately clean. Entertainment was good with a singer from the Hollies, a couple of comedians and an amazing acrobatic act. Top tips: Go to 10.30 show. It's much less busy and you can get a seat . Lots been said about lifts. Yes they are very busy after shows. Getting back on board ship etc.There are going to be 3,500 people wanting to use them so chill out. Wait a few minutes after shows, walk up the stairs a bit more. My husband asked people to sing in the lift and asked for deck 21 which got people grinning. Don't have lift rage you are on holiday. Loved the formal nights. So nice dressing up. Saw many great films on board. Really enjoyed them. Enjoyed seeing Marco Peirre White. Oasis spa was lovely and had the best manicure and gel nail polish I have ever had. Ports of call were amazing. We were very well informed about when we going to arrive. Weather ect. Nice port talks. Loved Rome and Pisa and Cartegina was just delightful. Look for the roman amitheatre. Entrance is via the museum in the shopping centre. Had a fabulous time. Thank you.

Lovely ship very spacious

Britannia Cruise Review by Helen S

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Europe

So smooth. Forgot we were at sea.

Restaurants were busy but well organised.

Top tips: Go to 10.30 show. It's much less busy and you can get a seat .

Loved the formal nights. So nice dressing up.

Saw many great films on board. Really enjoyed them.

Enjoyed seeing Marco Peirre White.

Had a fabulous time. Thank you.
Helen S’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin C607
A bit smaller than on some ships but very modern. Nice TV. Bed so comfortable and the pillows were lovely. Lots of lovely fresh fluffy towels left for us by a very courteous stewart Orlando who always knocked and waited for us to answer before entering.

My advice to you is. BOOK A BALCONY CABIN. There is nothing quite nicer than a balcony cabin. I am not a snob. All I am saying is sitting on your private balcony is heaven. Waking up with , floor to ceiling windows with views of the sea or your new port, breakfast on the balcony and just sitting together or reading with a view of the sea is amazing.