3. Golden Princess
We did season end cruise twice in the past once with the Princess and the second time with the Celebrity. It was the right time for us to go since most young people would have gone back to their work and kids back to school. The course itself was nothing new to us but we enjoyed the rather quiet cruise around this time of year and wanted to see the beauty of Alaska once again. In the end, I have to say that it was worth it and we had a great time but this would be our last cruise to Alaska unless there happens to be a very special reason to return. We heard some bad things about the ship Golden Princess from some of our friends who did the cruise right before we got on board. They all complained about some "Leaky ship" issue. It was quite concerning for us as we did not want to end up in a leaky stateroom. Luckily for us, we did not experience any of such bad experiences that our friends had. In fact, we had a rather good experience with the ship, the service staff and the entertainers. The room steward assigned to our cabin, the waiter, and the barmaid were all attentive and personable looking after every need of ours. The Sunset Quartet and the Bohemian Duo were exceptionally great providing danceable tunes as well as wonderful tunes to listen to respectively. The ship's production shows, solo guitarist and the Party Band, on the other hand, felt a bit short in terms of how to engage with the guests. They basically did what they do without much care. The food was pretty good overall. There were some days, I wished something better with quality but most days, they were satisfactory. The ship itself seemed fairly well maintained although I could easily spot various areas that had much-needed maintenance. I guess it was a good thing that they were doing partial upkeeps in the needed area during our cruise. The entertainment programs were good but I don't want to go to "Great" as I experienced in some ships such as Royal Caribbean ships. They appeared to work very hard but I personally felt that they needed a better program or talents in most programs. Some programs seemed ended in a rather unfinished state. What do I know, I am just a tourist.

End of the season cruise for Alaska

Golden Princess Cruise Review by harry2500lee

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

harry2500lee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Cabin B536
It was quiet at night to sleep. It was in the middle and slightly aft of the ship and rarely felt rocking during sails. The arrangement of furniture was efficient enough for two people to move around comfortably without getting in each other's way.
The bathroom was just like many other ships were somewhat smallish. It had enough shelves for our toiletries and shaving kits.
Several mirrors in the room made the room look much larger than what it actually was and we did not feel like we were in a closed space.
The closet space did not have a door and felt exposed but it created a lot more space to easily move things around.
A safe and the closet shelves were good to store some extra items although we did not use all of them.
  Golden Princess Deck Plans