3. Star Princess
Dates, price, and ports were desirable. We've traveled with Princess on an Alaskan cruise and I based my good prior experience on booking with Princess again. However, I was disappointed in how old and poorly maintained the Star has become. The overall feel of the ship is "aged". Our stateroom smelled of urine upon arrival and unfortunately that never faded throughout the week! The staff was not as friendly as expected, with the exception of a handful who did go out of their way to make us feel welcomed. The food both in the buffet and the formal dining rooms was only "acceptable". Not once did we receive a "hot" meal, but more like "lukewarm". However, the pizza parlor and grill were exceptionally delicious and fresh (most likely because they make the food as it's ordered). We enjoyed the Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway ports but were disappointed with the Victoria port. We arrived 30 minutes before dark and left approximately 4 hours later...not much you can see or do in that time frame so we felt it was a total waste! On a positive note, the bed and bedding were stupendous - best part of the ship in my opinion.

Disappointed in the Star Princess

Ages 13 to 15
Get Star Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC C729
Typical size; Bed & bedding were impressive and ultra comfy; Bathroom smelled of urine...ugh!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins