3. Sea Princess
My wife and I chose this cruise for a number of reasons, the itinerary which took us to some pretty remote and little known regions of the pacific,it’s an easy flight from Sydney to Brisbane also a number of sea days is always a bonus. The embarkation process was seamless as was disembarkation. Our stateroom was on Baja Deck 10 forward and it was a surprise to see the older style of balcony compared to the later built ships of Diamond Princess for example, but in saying that the cabin was adequate, bed, TV, shower and away from the elevators. From the balcony we could watch the departure out of the Brisbane terminal and the sail away up the Brisbane River, the numerous sea birds chasing the ship as they darted above and plunged into the ocean to grab a bite to eat and the world go by as it only can on a cruise I would recommend this stateroom. Once we got into the swing of things on board it became apparent that the Sea Princess has its own vibe, starting from the Horizon Court which is outstanding including specialty nights highlighting cuisines from around the globe. The coffee is good and the pastry/cake section is just first class. The Terrace Grill above the pool deck just perfect. Activities included all the usual stuff, trivia, pool games and bingo, no surprises there. Matt and his cruise director’s staff always working hard taking into consideration all the guests on Sea Princess. The pool areas clean and tidy The atrium is similar to other ships albeit a bit smaller with the usual singer/guitarist classical duo etc. The cafe on Plaza deck was always buzzing. The entertainment on Sea Princess consisted of comedians, theatrical shows local singers and new addition the Voice at Sea which gives guests the opportunity to perform in front of an audience and be judged by members of the crew, this was I think one of the most popular activities. Personally I’d love to see Princess change up the theater shows I think the British invasion show has been going longer than 'The British Invasion' itself ! There was a huge interest in the military based discovery at sea speakers given Australia’s connection to New Guinea during the Battle of Milne Bay and other theaters of war which took place almost eighty years ago. The ports of call were basic yet intriguing as New Guinea’s tourism destinations are underdeveloped, (we were in Rabul ten years ago and not much has changed.) We did manage lots of snorkeling on Conflict Islands. One or two negatives the service on the pool deck was a bit thin it seemed difficult to get staff members to bring a drink or clean away unused cups and plates, movies under the stars not a great selection. Now for the our best, a big and I mean big round of appreciation goes to Captain Christopher Lye and his captaincy style from his nautical noon day announcements his focus on safety for all on board and just that he was always around whether it was his daily walk around the deck saying hello or as he dinned in the Horizon Court, his safety concerns were always backed up by through explanations. Also to the deck hands who managed in difficult conditions getting guests to and from shore. Overall this was a great experience

11 Night Papua New Guinea

Sea Princess Cruise Review by GEcruzer

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The embarkation process was seamless as was disembarkation.

I would recommend this stateroom.

The coffee is good and the pastry/cake section is just first class.

The Terrace Grill above the pool deck just perfect.

The pool areas clean and tidy

The cafe on Plaza deck was always buzzing.

We did manage lots of snorkeling on Conflict Islands.

Overall this was a great experience
GEcruzer’s Full Rating Summary