3. Marella Explorer 2
I've cruised once before on the discovery 2 and enjoyed so had high hopes for this "new" ship and could directly compare. On the Explorer 2 there was the same great entertainment, more choice in sunbathing areas (loved the Veranda), bars (loved Flutes) and restaurants (loved Nonnas! + the terrace was a nice extra) and although the food in Latitude was good but it definitely wasn't nearly as good as it was on Discovery 2 which was disappointing as last time that was a real highlight. The coffee choice had been removed from the buffet restaurant (apart from Nonnas) so if you wanted say a latte you had to purchase it from the much expanded coffee port - which was at least an extra € a cup more than the price shown between 07:00 and 10:00!? I couldn't find anywhere that had this information until they told you at the till. Although I had a great time and enjoyed the ship I think I'll be trying another cruise line next as Marella aren't improving overall.

Pros and cons