3. Norwegian Sun
We wanted a cruise experience and the Bahamas. We sadly were disappointed with Hurricane Dorian. We had travel insurance but our travel agent suggested we go cause NCL made no changes to the itinerary yet the night before. We decided to go and not cancel cause we expected at worst we would reroute to 3 other ports. One day was not enough notice to cancel everything we had set up to go even with Hurricane issues we expected we still have fun. Well 1 day in Mexico in Cozumel and a half day was nowhere near what we had in mind nor worth the cost we payed for Bahamas. Esp since My husband had been once with his parents as a teen. . The food was awful no selection for a picky eater. The specialty restaurants were lacking majorly. The buffets were edible if drunk. Same stuff daily almost, sadly not much choice. Not usually a drinker but between all the disappointments. Thankfully it was inclusive drinks....... The pool being closed 50% of time, hot tub packed and the streaming package I paid for not working after day one. I lost business not being able to use my phone and check in on work i lost a few big investors, the 10$ line was a joke. The excursion booking by phone app accidental, we couldn't get refunded. Guest services were no help anytime we went there. They didn't cancel our trip or give any info prior to boarding that we go to Cozumel... My husband had been there and I had no wish to go there, but we had boarded the boat and didn't get any info to were we reroute until another cruiser told us on the ship not even our itinerary told us till the next day. Very disappointed to say the least the have no offered any discount on a trip to the Bahamas or a partial refund! I know that Mexico is way cheaper to visit then the Bahamas and we didn't port 3 different places Nor did i even get to see the beach once. We did one excursion dolphin encounter, it was the only thing decent and we didn't receive our photos by email as we should've. They had switched our group with another's they couldn't find our photos, when tried to look and purchase them. They finally found them under a different groups number! We bought them and it was a week later I had to contact them to send them again. Overall we had a trip we will never forget and we hope to make it to the Bahamas when the poor island rebuilds. Not sure I will be going NCL We almost booked Disney even though, we don't have kids. They had 11 pools and 3 adult areas and pools. We may have at least got some swimming pool time and hot tub time while stuck on the boat for 6 days when supposed be 4 days. The nightmare getting home was another story very disappointed about the lack of updating and knowledge they never provided us during the chaos. The sun would've been fine had we ported 3 days where we planned. we could've dealt with the other issues, we had in general but honestly for our first cruise nothing went right! Room tenant was awesome remembered our names was very diligent and professional. The gift shop was pathetic and the Spa was overpriced for the deep tissue couples massage we received. I wasn't even sore afterwards as should be. Not impressed at all. We are smokers it was windy and raining off and on they only moved smoking down a level one time to keep the wind and rain less awful. We had a balcony and this was honestly the best part of the boat. However we were under the pool area, it was very loud as they picked the chairs up and sprayed the upper deck barley got any sleep!

First cruise for our Honeymoon

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by myfirstcruise19

• Sail Date: August 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

We had a balcony and this was honestly the best part of the boat.

myfirstcruise19’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 0027
Cabin was decent room tenant was lovely.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins