• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Wind Surf Review

Editor Rating
40 Awards

First Windstar Cruise - Definitely NOT our last!

Review for Wind Surf to the Mediterranean
Den II
2-5 Cruises

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

Our first Windstar cruise (my second cruise (Regent Seven Seas), my wife's first). My wife and I were traveling with six other couples to celebrate multiple 50th birthdays. We were collectively thrilled with our choice of Wind Surf. We had read many reviews on this forum and others and we prepared to be underwhelmed -- no chance! The Wind Surf is getting a bit long in the tooth (scheduled for a three-week dry dock in the next month) but it did not deter from our enjoyment.

Food: Amazing! Having read reviews, the food gets mixed ratings. I don't get it -- we are somewhat picky and it exceeded expectations (common theme). Our only gripe is that we needed reservations in the two higher-end dinner spots and many tables were open. Great variety and top-notch quality. I had steak multiple nights and on EVERY occasion it was prepared perfectly!

Service: Over-the-top! Andreas and his team were wonderful. They got to know us early in the cruise and went out of their way to make us feel like it was our private yacht. Andreas -- wow, he gave us such personal attention. We all said we will try to base our next cruise on his schedule.

Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin A

Cabin 151 is forward -- no complaints.

Port Reviews

Athens (Piraeus)

We stayed at the Royal Olympic Hotel in Athens the night before the cruise. OK hotel, not great. Very near attractions. GREAT roof-top dining with fantastic views. One day in Athens in more than enough.

Corfu

We did a self-guided walking tour and then rented scooters. Drove the coast and visited beaches. Loved the scooters!

Zadar

Very small port. Good for a relaxing walk.

Find a Wind Surf Cruise from $1,784