We chose this cruise as it was one of the few sailing from Southampton during my 60th birthday.I decided to treat ourselves to a suite and having never sailed with P&O didn't know what to expect. I had looked for reviews on this particular room, which only showed one with positive comments, back in 2014. though a more recent review from the room next door C750 showed a less glowing report.I decided to keep the room I had chosen and will give you my honest opinion later. Embarkation went very well. we were able to have a buffet lunch in the Meridian restaurant before our room was ready. We were leaving at the tail end of Storm Hannah, but thankfully our Captain decided to set sell at 9.30pm instead of 5.30 to let the storm ebate. It was still rather choppy, but I had taken some seasickness tablets so was fine. We did have a look at where we had been seated for our select 8.30pm dining in the Oriental restaurant. We were not impressed, as we had been squeezed into a tiny table for two in a corner that even the waiters had trouble to serve you, I think it was table 42. Seeing as we had paid a lot more for a suite, I was not happy.We were unable to do anything about it for the first night, but our butler Elvis put in a request for us to be moved to a better table the following day. We decided to eat in the Epicurium restaurant that first night at 50% less than the usual price ( which was actually offered to everyone for their first night as it wasn't busy). The next day we were given a lovely table. Thank you Elvis. Our experience in the Oriental was really good after that. Our waiters Amitt and Frances were very entertaining and efficient. Thank you boys.Our wine waiter Allan was totally on the ball. He was there ready to fill your glass when it was needed. The Headliners sing and dance and magic troup were really good. They were the only acts that we watched as our 8.30 dining clashed a bit with other acts on the ship. The big productions had shows at 8.30 for first dining and at 10.30 for late dining.There was something on every night in the Playhouse at both these times. We enjoyed visiting Amsterdam and Bruges on our own, though we did pay for the coach to get there from the ship. The canal boat trips are very easy to do on your own and cost 12 euros in Amsterdam ( our guide took us to the best and cheapest cruise boat) and about 15 euros in Bruges, again our guide gave us a map to show us where to get the canal boats. The comments about the sewage smell was true. I felt sorry for the people using the Manhattan bar and the Malabar the first few nights. You knew you were on the Aft end of deck 7 just by the smell! It did disappear after day 3 I think it was, but other areas of the ship suffered as the trip went on. All you had to do was move else where to get away from the smell. it was a big enough ship to do this!! Another comment I have seen about the noise of the Dance instructors in the Atrium and hub of the public areas, was rather annoying when you wanted to shop or have a "quiet" Costa Coffee!!! Disembarkation was fine, though trying to find our suitcases in the terminal was a bit trying. We have sworn to either put a huge big bow on our suitcases so they stand out, or ask if we can take our own luggage!! Lovely holiday and birthday ( I did have a card from the Captain. Thank You.)

ORONSAY SUITE C748

Azura Cruise Review by kathywoodruff

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Suite with Balcony

The next day we were given a lovely table. Thank you Elvis.

Lovely holiday and birthday ( I did have a card from the Captain. Thank You.)
kathywoodruff’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azura price drops

Suite with Balcony
Cabin AC C748Oronsay
As I have said, I had looked for reviews on Oronsay suite and only found one from 2014 which was quite positive, though a more recent review on the suite next door wasn't so.
Most reviews show the positive first and then the negative. I will do it the other way round, ( as I like to think I am a nice person!!!!

When we first opened the door we were impressed with the size of the room, though it was a little dark due to the brown voile on the two patio doors.I imagine these 'net' curtains are very handy in sunnier, hotter climes than ours ( being in the middle of storm Hannah did make it very dark).
We opened these and instantly made a difference to the light.

We then opened the patio doors and was hit by an awful smell of fatty food and a very loud noise to what we first thought was engine noise, but later discovered our room was right next to the food extractor fan from the kitchens below. Yes, reviewer who wrote about C750, you were right, though our room was even closer and the vibration did come through to the headboard on our bed and was probably worse than room c750!!. Rooms C749 and possibly C751 and all the rooms above would have suffered the same fate.
Now I have a very strong nose for bad smells, whereby my husband wasn't too bothered with it and obviously the previous C748 reviewer did't have a problem either!!
As for the noise, I had earplugs to go to sleep with, but you did get used to it.

I mention these things, because as I was hoping to have a fantastic suite, having paid a lot more than if I had booked my usual Balcony room, you would think these expensive rooms would be better positioned around the ship, not where you will be suffering with the problems of noise and smells, but these things aside the view was fantastic right at the Aft of the ship and the extra space was brilliant.

The shower floor tiles need replacing as the grout kept coming out when we showered, but the whirlpool bath was very large and comfy and a real treat on a ship.

The beds when separated into two are only 2" foot 6" so maybe having them as one 5" foot bed would be better!!

Our steward Mecqueen was very good and informative.
Even though we didn't ask for a butler Elvis, was there every evening with canapes and did help us with our table problem. Thanks to you both.
  Azura Deck Plans