3. Silver Cloud Expedition
We were VERY happy with every part of this cruise and think Silversea went above and beyond. We had a plane delay transiting Miami and Silversea took special care of us in Santiago and again when we got to Ushuaia. I agree with other reviewers that the Expedition Staff were OUTSTANDING - even to the point of joining people for dinner to bring their love of Antarctica and share their wealth of knowledge with passengers. I totally disagree with the one reviewer who complained about the dining room staff - we were placed with the same waiter (not necessarily the same one of his tables) every night and the last night when I said "but that is not Oscar's table", the maître d said "it is tonight!" They did everything they could to make our dining experience top notch - from deboning our fish, shelling our lobster, and suggesting what to order. Captain Pontillo got us safely through the Drake Passage both ways, outrunning storms and contributing to a fairly smooth ride. Silversea stepped up and provided a free bus tour of Ushuaia and its National Park when we arrived a day early. I cannot say enough good things about this company, this ship, and their staff.

A fantastic trip of a lifetime!!

Silver Cloud Expedition Cruise Review by cathyndoc

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Antarctica
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda Suite
cathyndoc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silver Cloud Expedition price drops

Deluxe Veranda Suite
Cabin DV 610
Excellent! There were three of us and we had plenty of room. Our butler, Prem, was outstanding. We especially enjoyed the late afternoon room service of coffee and french fries!
Deck 7 Suite Cabins