3. Viking Star
My Husband and I just finished our Viking cruise to Cuba. It was amazing! We started from Newark New Jersey to Miami with no problems. We were picked up at the airport and were taken to the port with zero problems. Check in took 5 minutes and went straight to our cabin 6063. Cabin was very nice and great location. One floor up to pools, pool grill, World cafe, and bar. We were greeted by our room Stewart June who was excellent. All the restaurants on the ship were excellent. The crew were all helpful and polite. Juiguian greeted us always in “The Restaurant” with her smile. I can’t understand how someone could say there were not enough choices of food. Or they didn’t like it. How much more could one eat? I am a picky eater and I always could find something great to eat. Everyone on the ship were always greeting us and asking if we needed anything. We have been on many different cruise lines, what we loved about this ship was the size. Our tours were great. Going through customs was a piece of cake. We had Judy take us around Cienfuegos. She was so well informed and explain life in Cuba. It was an extremely hot day but what do you expect from Cuba. Rather have 90 degrees than the 30’s in New Jersey. I don’t know what some people were expecting to see, we were surprised at what we did see. Our trip to Havana with George was incredible. I don’t know how he spoke from 8:00am to 8:00pm. We learned so much history, way of life, customs, etc etc We were so happy to go in the old cars . It only cost us $5.00 each to drive for a good 20 minutes. My only regret about the day trip was that I missed out of the over night stay at the Tropicana. We heard the hotel was very nice and the show was fantastic. Out last tour was a “Catamaran “ ride which really should be called a Boat ride. We were so tired from the two other tours that it was nice just to sit and take in the sight. We couldn’t go to our last port because it was going to be hard to leave the port because of high winds. Better safe than sorry. We had an extra day at sea to enjoy the beautiful weather. We didn’t exchange any money. I used euros for people at the stands and US dollars in the stores they took us to. Departure day was also very organized. Luggage, transportation, airport all went perfect. My Husband and I have no negative comments about Viking Star and Cuba travels. We are so glad to have seen a country that will hopefully change for the better.

Loved It!

Viking Star Cruise Review by P.E. Teacher

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
My Husband and I just finished our Viking cruise to Cuba.

It was amazing!

We started from Newark New Jersey to Miami with no problems.

We were picked up at the airport and were taken to the port with zero problems.

Check in took 5 minutes and went straight to our cabin 6063.

How much more could one eat?

I am a picky eater and I always could find something great to eat.

Everyone on the ship were always greeting us and asking if we needed anything.

Our tours were great.

Going through customs was a piece of cake.

It was an extremely hot day but what do you expect from Cuba.

Rather have 90 degrees than the 30’s in New Jersey.

We learned so much history, way of life, customs, etc etc

We had an extra day at sea to enjoy the beautiful weather.

My Husband and I have no negative comments about Viking Star and Cuba travels.

P.E. Teacher’s Full Rating Summary