3. MSC Seaside
Opted for this cruise based on itinerary and price. Had a balcony mid-ship. Most everything was as expected. Only downside was a service issue in dining room. We ordered cocktails and it took 30 minutes for them to deliver. Learned to get cocktails BEFORE entering dining room. One menu item said a pasta with sea scallops. I expected the scallops to be regular sized scallops(about as round as a quarter). Turned out they were small bay scallops, barely the size of a BB. Other than that, food was very good. Also didn't care much for how some lounges worked, where a wait staff would take your order, and then go behind bar to make your drink. Again, sometimes this got to be quite a wait. Took one MSC excursion. They do a good job getting you from ship to excursion and back again. No problems. One port I was disappointed in was Nassau. There were 5 ships in port that day with over 18,000 tourists....way to crowded trying to move around. Lots of activities on board especially on sea days. Not so much on port days. Great pool areas, water slides, zip lines, and a water park for kids that from what I saw, everyone was having a great time there. They also have a teen area that looked like it would be fun. The entertainment was average. A musical cast that did a variety of shows. Mostly dancing, etc. Other cruises I've been on have had more variety, i.e. magicians, comedians, etc.... We did the express disembarkation. Carried all our bags off. Left our cabin at 0730 and was off ship and thru customs by 0900. For U.S. citizens, customs was just a facial recognition screen where they look at you and send you on your way...no forms to fill out....very fast.

First time on MSC - Great new ship

GophersMN’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 9120
Cabin was quite comfortable. Only things I could ask for would have been a couple more outlets. I have CPAP machine and had to ask for an extension cord which was quickly provided. We also brought a power strip which came in very handy. Highly recommended. Closet space was adequate. Could have used a little more drawer space. Bath/shower was very good.
Mondello Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins