3. Symphony of the Seas
Family Reunion I was traveling in a group of about 27 friends & family. Upon embarkation we were excited and the ship is really beautiful but there's a lot of wasted space with the gigantic pieces of Art work that span from decks 4-15 in the middle of ship. There were more activities for children than for adults. The DJ barely played any music. Thank god I had my bluetooth speaker and Pandora. We were 4 days on water and he barely played to keep folks entertained. I didn't bring my husband on this trip w/me and was thinking ooo wee, I'm gonna let my hair all the way down!! Well let me tell you by day 3 I wanted to swim home to my husband I was so bored. If it wasn't for the group we were travleing with; we made our own fun; the cruise would've been totally unbearable. The food was sub-par and the offerings in the Main dining room were very similar every night. The food in the Windjammer was better than the Main dining room. I ate pizza every night because I was never full or satisfied from dinner.This is only my 2nd cruise and I can tell you that Carnival is 10x better. The food on Carnival is superb. My husband loves seafood and is a big eater. We had Seafood or Steak and Lobster every night if we wanted on Carnival and my husband was oh so happy. The New York Strip steak on Royal tasted like a piece of fried calf liver. The Sous Chef tried to appease us because we really raised a lot of concerns regarding food but he couldn't even do that right. He supposedly catered to us and we could order anything we wanted, so keeping w/the Surf & Turf theme; I asked for a filet topped w/crab meat and bernaise sauce. He look at me dumbfounded and said oh we don't have crab meat. What?? This big ship and no crab meat. Oh that's right because the Maryland Crabcakes we had the 1st night were not made with real lump crab meat but w/ fake imitation crab meat. That pink & white stuff!!! I was also very offended because every show or comedian made mention to how crappy they thought Carnival was. I don't know who they were trying to impress because Carnival beat this brand new Royal Carribean HANDS DOWN!! I will never waste my hard-earned money on another Royal Carribean cruise. The only way I'd go again, is if it was free. The ship has a lot of expensive shops but only 1-dutyfree & 1 souvenir type shop. My room had a balcony but not a balcony facing water but an inside balcony facing other balconies, so there was really no privacy if I wanted to sit out w/my night clothes on. The cabin was nice and very modern but the bed was hard. The staff is awesome and they work sooo hard for the salary that they are paid; my hat is off to them!!! Royal Caribbean can take a cruise to where the sun don't shine!

Pomp & Circumstance

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review by Holy757

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Boardwalk View Balcony
Family Reunion

The cabin was nice and very modern but the bed was hard.

Royal Caribbean can take a cruise to where the sun don't shine!
Holy757’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Symphony of the Seas price drops

Boardwalk View Balcony
Cabin 4I 14629
The Cabin was nicely decorated and very modern but the bed was hard as heck and the view.....
What view??? My view was looking at other balconies. No privacy!!!
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins