3. MSC Divina
I chose this cruise as well as the last seven day cruise of the Mediterranean of the season which gave me 28 days on board. The ship is very modern and was kept in immaculate condition whilst on board e.g. The balcony was hosed and scrubbed four times in 28 days. The interior design of passageways was a bit confusing with dark wall panelling and large mirror inserts which tries to give the feeling of space but when turning a corner into a dead end corridor to be confronted by a large mirror was a problem. I would not like to be finding my way out in an emergency. The Aurea balcony cabin was the usual size and layout and the bedding was very comfortable, I would not pay the extra cost for the Aurea over the Bella if I used MSC again. Cabin steward was very helpful, respectful and pleasant. I must admit that on the seven day cruise I was upgraded to Yacht Club and unfortunately cruising will never be the same again. A more finely appointed cabin, butler, dedicated concierge, quite lounge and food area, pool deck and bar, restaurant and preferred embarking and disembarkation was a bonus. The entertainment on the Mediterranean sector was excellent but once we departed for the Atlantic crossing the quality of the entertainment was not as good and I ended up not attending a show every night. Maybe I was spoilt by my first week in Yacht Club but when I returned to my original cabin on deck 12 and used the buffet which was huge, I was disappointed by the cluttered layout of the seating and the quality of the food in comparison to Carnival, RCI and Princess, MSC should take a look at Voyager and Radiance of the Seas to see what I mean. The main restaurant was very nice, the service good and the food was OK but all beef dishes were a bit on the tough side. Bar service was excellent and drinks were in the usual price bracket. Shore excursions were good, value varied from port to port with the usual problems of transporting forty odd people in a coach. Talking to passengers from Europe and the USA confirmed my thoughts on the lack value for money that Australian passengers received in comparison,discounted fares and free drink packages were the the norm for them. My last gripe and I was aware of this before I booked was the multi language messages on the PA which became irritating after a few days. This was my first experience with MSC and unless they can offer more for the Australian consumer I don't think I will sail with them again.

Beautiful ship

MSC Divina Cruise Review by oldgrumps

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Balcony Stateroom

Cabin steward was very helpful, respectful and pleasant.

Bar service was excellent and drinks were in the usual price bracket.

oldgrumps’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Aurea Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3 12133
Usual size and amenities as other lines, good bed and nice clean balcony. Would book Bella next time.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins