• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Carnival Conquest Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

First and probably last cruise

Review for Carnival Conquest to the Eastern Caribbean
superbrian83
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Nov 2018
Cabin: Balcony

This was the first, and probably last, cruise of my life. Overall it was just mediocre, and in the future I think I will stick to visiting all-inclusive resorts. Myself and my girlfriend (mid-30s) plus my family on the trip.

Some details:

Embarkation: We arrived around 1 p.m. and got through security pretty quickly and easily except that my group got separated and one half of us didn't have the necessary boarding papers. But that was our fault, not Carnival's, so I won't hold that against them. The safety drill was poorly timed because we missed seeing the ship set sail, and also it was hot and humid and we were crammed like cattle three deep. And it took an hour right after we arrived when all we wanted was to finally relax and get some food, so that was frustrating. My girlfriend had a minor panic attack getting stuck in that hot crowd.

Balcony

Cabin 8F

Felt small, but I guess it was the same as all the others. It's right below the soft serve ice cream machine, so all day and night you hear people pulling in and pushing out chairs and scratching the floor, making a terrible racket. I ended up sleeping with my head taco'd between two pillows to drown out the noise of those chairs. It's also very easy to hear either of your neighbors when they're on their balcony. I guess overall it wasn't a terrible room, but it was far from great. The people servicing the room kept it clean and did a good job.

Port Reviews

Half Moon Cay

Beautiful, but excessively crowded.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Didn't have time to explore here.

Grand Turk

Another beautiful but excessively crowded stop. And it smelled of pot! Ha

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Amber Cove we did a catamaran/snorkel excursion that was fun. Not too crowded, free drinks, fun in the water, beautiful beach.

3 Helpful Votes