Diamond Princess Cruise Review

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by Bucg8torfan

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Premium Suite with Balcony

We were suppose to visit our nephew and his wife in Okinawa, Japan. She was pregnant and he would eventually be deployed. She decided to go to Seattle to have their baby and be with family. So, my wife and I wanted to see Okinawa and found out there was a cruise company whose itinerary would include Okinawa. One of Princess Cruises Asia routes met our needs with a 15 day cruise This would be my wife’s first time to Asia. My second. I lived in Okinawa 32 years ago.

We originally booked a club class mini suite and were upgraded to a Premium Suite with Balcony. Spacious room and balcony. Walk-in closet with lots of storage space was nice. Chocolate covered strawberry’s and fresh fruit were a nice added touch. Our steward, Rodrigo, couldn’t be more accommodating and made us feel like royalty. Service at the Explorer’s Lounge and Sante fe dining room were excellent.

The ships exterior and interior were well maintained and clean. The only negative was a strange smell on the starboard side of the ship.

My wife suggested a pedicure, manicure and massages. I was reluctant at first but glad we did them. Fantastic service.

We had seven ports of call and did six excursions. We wished the port of calls layover time could’ve been longer. A little disappointed in our time in Okinawa. We docked at 1:00 pm and didn’t clear customs until 3:00 pm and were to leave port at 11:00 pm.

The excursions were well planned and had friendly and knowledgeable guides.

Looking forward to cruising with Princess Cruises again.

Bucg8torfan's Full Rating Summary

Premium Suite with Balcony
Cabin S5 C-418

Very spacious. Lots of storage. Comfortable bed.

Bucg8torfan