When we arrived at our cabin, there was blood on one of the pillows. Also, the ship did not appear to have been deep-cleaned. P&O do not seem to cater well for those with disabilities. It was difficult for my wife to get around the cleaning trolly using her walker. This was because the towels stuck out from the sides. When we docked at Tenerife, the gangway was far too steep for my wife to use her walker to disembark. This resulted in her feeling extremely frightened and having a panic attack. She had to be carried down by three of the stewards. Our holiday was completely spoiled by the men painting the ship. We could not go out on deck. The paint fumes were spread throughout the ship via the air conditioning. This is the third ship we have been on this year and the worst. We loved the Ventura. My wife and I had to visit the ship’s Doctor and several weeks after returning home I am still on medication and this is under review. As previously indicated we are both filled with sadness and extreme disappointment that the holiday we had both looked forward to for a long period of time was completely and utterly ruined because of this unfortunately timed paint job. They did state at reception that it was safe but if it were safe then why were the workmen wearing protective masks? Also the bar staff seemed on edge and this resulted in a tense environment. However, this does not reflect upon the bar staff who were very good indeed. I would never eat a steak anywhere else on board except the glass house. However, this cost us extra each time we had a meal there. The cruise cost enough money, so surely people should be able to eat anywhere on board?

Paint Fumes