3. Majesty of the Seas
We were looking for a budget friendly cruise to celebrate my son’s high school graduation. We live in Florida and had never been to Key West or Havana, so the 4-night voyage in Majesty of the Seas fit the bill. We had perfect weather, food was good (except for a fatty steak), and we enjoyed our ports of call. We did a bus/walking tour in Cuba, ending with a delicious meal in a restaurant there. In Key West, we went on our own and took a trolley tour, hopping off to go to Ernest Hemingway’s house, Higgs Beach (not the nicest, but we got to cool off a bit), and the famous Sloppy Joe’s restaurant. Our day at sea was nice too. We managed to find a quiet spot on Deck 5, away from the noise of the pool party, to watch the ocean and read. We played trivia games, watched a movie poolside, saw a show, and my 17yo son enjoyed many of the teen-only activities. The ship was clean and staff was helpful and friendly. I can think of only three negatives, none of which ruined the trip. 1) We made the mistake of booking a small inside cabin for three adults (me, my husband and 26yo daughter) along with my 17 yo son. We figured we wouldnt spend much time in the room except to sleep and change clothes, so it wouldn’t matter. Well, it mattered! We won’t make that mistake again! 2) Some people like dining with strangers and making new friends. I’m an introvert, so those situations make me very uncomfortable. I prefer the formal dining room setting to the buffet, but i could not have a quiet peaceful meal alone in there. People were very nice and friendly. So it wasn’t terrible, just not my preference. 3) We learned that the show performers on the Majesty are beginners. More seasoned performers are assigned to the bigger ships. They gave spirited performances but the quality wasn’t the best. Again, but terrible... just not the best. Overall, we had a nice time. I’d recommend the Majesty for a quick getaway... but i look forward to my next cruise being on a larger newer ship, with a larger stateroom!

Cruise to Cuba