We booked thise cruise very last minute, only a week prior to departure. The price we paid was very good and we opted forthe Select option and were lucky to be upgraded. Embarkation was swift, we were on board within 10 minutes of arriving at the terminal. The good: Meridian dining room was superb, excellent food and service. We did freedom dining and didn't have to wait more than 15 minutes for a table. We did brunch with a galley tour on our last sea day, this was out of this world. Food was fantastic and the tour really insightful. Fully reccommend it. Epicurian was pricey, but we did this as a treat and this was brilliant. Fine dining at its best. Quizzes and bingo were good fun. Sea Screen showed good films (despite some pucals missing from screem. Cabin was much bigger than I expected. The sail away from Bergen with our flags was fun and an experience not to forget. The cons: The shore excursions we bought were a shambles. Segway tour in Stavanger was 20 minutes short and ran by an unexperienced guide. Although the trip was fun while it lasted, for £69 per person it was terribly done. The Viking and Waterfall tour was an equal mess. Just 10 minutes spent on waterfall and after 2 hours on a coach we had just 30 minutes at the village. The tour hadto be cut short to get us back to ship on time and we missed out on archery and axe throwing. Very dissapointed. The buffet restaurant was poor quality, tiny and had a poor selection. Doesn't reflect the high standard in other areas. Beach House was a con. They charge per item (which were not very nice or has good as other areas) and add on a cover charge on top that is writted in extremely small print. Have a cover charge or pay individually. Not both. I paid £10 per day for wifi. One day there was no service at all and I was refunded. It was patchy at best for the rest of the time. I know it is satillite internet, but in the modern age and what they charge for it, it should be better. Decor of the ship is very old fashioned and beige. Definitely aimed at a certain clientele. I have only ever been on a NCL cruise previously and the decor and design was much better. Cleanliness - On NCL I saw people cleaning all day long, everything froom coffee machines to doors. I did not see that on Azura and both my husband and myself have came home with colds. TV was tiny and had limited channels. The on demand movies were good, but picture quality like watching a pirate movie. Could of done with tv boxsets.

Very mixed experience

Azura Cruise Review by syrecmils

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom (Part Obstructed View)

The good:

Cabin was much bigger than I expected.

The cons:

syrecmils’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azura price drops

Outside Stateroom (Part Obstructed View)
Cabin MA E708
Was upgraded and surprised at size of cabin, much bigger than expected.

Decor was old fashioned. Toilet did block, but sorted out quickly.

My husband has come home with what looks like a bed bug bite.
  Azura Deck Plans