• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Carnival Dream Review

Editor Rating
1909 reviews
7 Awards

Carnival ain't what it used to be

Review for Carnival Dream to the Eastern Caribbean
cajunprincess2u
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2018
Cabin: Interior

We used to love cruising with Carnival. I don't know if it was just this ship, but Carnival has cut way back on the things we used to love the most about cruising. The shows aren't even worth watching. I used to love the Las Vegas style shows. There weren't any dancers! They were the best part of the entertainment. There's just so much that's not the same. There aren't any more cloth tablecloths except on elegant nights. You have to pour your own water at dinner. You have to pick between morning and night for having your cabin cleaned. It used to seem like the stewards would sleep under the bed. Haha. This ship is not laid out very well. You can't walk all the way across the ship on the 5th floor unless you walk through the smokey casino. The only thing that they have improved on is the wide variety of food. There are a lot more places to eat now. It's still the cheapest vacation for the buck, but I'm not sure we'll be doing this again. This ship did have the best cruise director I've ever had, but I think he's off of the ship soon.

Interior

Cabin 4H

The cabin was okay, I guess. They aren't kept in very good shape anymore. And now you have to choose between getting it cleaned in the morning or the evening.

4 Helpful Votes