3. Norwegian Sun
This cruise was a dream cruise for me and my dear husband decided we should go at the last minute, well a few months out. We chose NCL because the itinerary was exactly what we wanted. The ship was built in 2011 refitted in 2016. Booked through NCL and at first I said an inside cabin would be fine, then in next breath told her I wanted to change to a balcony. No problem. Told her I did not want to be anywhere near the children's area. No problem. So we paid for the cruise/tour. BIG MISTAKE. When we received all the paper work we in an inside cabin, 2 doors away from the children's area. When I called I was told that they had to change our cabin because a family had booked a block of rooms and then needed to add on so we were bumped. Then there was the sewage smell. It permeated just about the whole ship. And the crew was always in one cabin or another pumping out the drains and toilets. The public areas of the ship, at first glance seemed ok. After all they do take a lot of wear and tear. But the theaters and lounges had broken chairs and holes in the carpets. There were few activities to do except for bingo. There were triva games but not well advertised and not much to do unless you wanted to spend a pile of money. The nightly entertainment was fabulous and the food was one of the best we ever had. Except they didn't have late night buffets. And if they did no one knew where they were at. Everyone was looking. The service was good and depending who your steward was exceptional. Desk services though, well they were down right nasty to some people and those who tried to book shore excursions from the ship couldn't get help. Not sure if that was a result of the ship being overbooked or if the people working were just plain nasty. So I was happy we had booked shore excursions from home. We picked good and they were all wonderful with the best and knowledgeable guides we could have wanted. So if I'm ever going to sail a NCL cruise again, big if, I will investigate, investigate, investigate the ship and book through a travel agent. We couln't get any monies back for our miserable criuse, but some people we met aboard ship and stay in contact with received a full refund, just because of the bad conditions.

Dream cruise ruined

SuzanneMM’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Inside
Cabin IE 7102
Extremely small for 2 people. Cabin very clean, bed comfortable. Single chair not very comfortable to read in and only fits 1 person. Anyone else uses desk chair or bed. Perfect room for a warm weather cruise where someone is never in the room. Bathroom needs to be redone. Felt dirty because of everything being so old in it. Also smell of sewage from pipes. Told by maintenance that is how ships are.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins