Diamond Princess Cruise Review

Relaxing - lots of sea days

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by Nina Brown

• Sail Date: Nov 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Unfortunately, not a good start - flight from Melbourne cancelled but I was not worried because booked through Princess so knew all would be taken care of! Eventually got to Haneda Air Port and had to wait 3 + hours for prepaid Princess transfer to Cruise Terminal (some waited more than 5 hours) then another 75 minutes before actually boarding ship!

After that, everything was pretty well perfect!

My Cabin Stewardess, Grace, kept the room spotless - noted when I went to breakfast and had everything in order by the time I returned - even kept an ice bucket full for me.

My only complaint; the linen - it was deffinately no where near "new" as suggested in the professional reviews!

Dining - I went to the buffet on several occasions, the Main Dining Room for Breakfast and Lunch (when open on sea days) and used "Any Time Dining" for dinner - I could not fault any, there was so much choice in each venue - if anyone complained, then I think you just picked the wrong meal!!

I went to the port talks, which were several days before arriving at said port and could be later viewed on the inroom TV - these were interesting and supplied information that the Princess Patter did not mention or only mentioned the night before docking.

I went to all the evening shows in the Princess Theatre - I thought the Princess Entertainers were terrific - very energetic. The Cruise Director was a "sweetie" - apparently it was her first cruise as Cruise Director and she was great - especially her jokes!!!

I could not fault the service of the dining, bar and cabin stewards - everyone went out of their way to assist with every little thing and were always courteous an very polite.

The 2 Princess shore excursions I took were (I felt) good value for money - especially the one in Nha Trang . The organization of getting people off the ship for their designated tour was the best I have ever seen on any of my cruises - The Japanese man ( I am really sorry I don't know his name) was amazing with his organization and composure.

I would cruise with Princess again - looking for my next cruise already.

Nina Brown's Full Rating Summary