3. Carnival Pride
We enjoyed this cruise. We prefer to leave out of Baltimore since it is close to home and just a 30 minute drive to the port. Unfortunately, due to hurricane IRMA our itinerary changed and we weren't able to visit the islands that we truly wanted to visit. Then the Captain was trying to avoid the hurricane and we ended up sea sick, which never happens. The food was ok. When we did Carnival as our first few cruises the food was good enough but once experiencing Disney, and Norwegian the food on Carnival is just ok. We truly enjoyed Guy's burger joint and enjoyed that everyday and David's steakhouse was good as well. The adult Serenity area was nice if you were every able to find a spot. Unfortunately for us that was only once. They threaten to move your towels if you are holding places but they never did and people would come up early in the day sit towels down and disappear for half the day and return to a nice cabana, chair or hammock and that was very inconsiderate to me because others would like to enjoy it and most of the time it was the same people which meant they had their pick daily. I couldn't bring myself to just hold places knowing I wasn't utilizing it right at that time so we just went without. The other issue we had with the Serenity area is the times of operation. The bar closed at 6pm and the pool and hot tub was roped off at 10PM. There was never a lifeguard so I thought it would be nice to have it opened longer for adults at least until midnight including the bar so those who wanted to could enjoy that area at different times. The entertainment was nice, everything we did we truly enjoyed. We did the comedy show, adult scavenger hunt, shows, bingo, movie night and more and we had a blast. We had a suite and that is where it got tricky. To pay the amount for a suite but receive no special perks was annoying. They only offer priority embarkation and disembarkation, which doesn't include your room being available sooner or you receiving your bags quicker, if you want those perks then they advise you to pay more for "faster to fun" which is crazy to me. When in suite classes on other cruise lines they truly go above and beyond for those who are in suites. It definitely makes you wonder if cruise different lines is a better option. The customer service was amazing. My only other complaint was me having to call and ask about a cruise credit or discount off of future cruises since we did not keep our itinerary.

Nice Cruise in-spite of...

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Momsluvfun3

• Sail Date: September 2017
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

Momsluvfun3’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M 5266
We absolutely loved our cabin, so much so, that we are trying to book another cruise through Carnival with the same exact cabin layout.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins