3. Carnival Ecstasy
We had a great time on our recent trip! This was a 5yr anniversary trip for my husband and I and we had our 3yr old daughter with us. There were, of course, the little bumps in the road you'd expect on any trip, but over all, we had a wonderful vacation. We started off booking an ocean view room. Once I paid that off, I upgraded to a balcony room. We got a call about a week before the trip for an upsell to the grand suite. It was well worth it! I know suites on the Ecstasy are smaller than other ships, but the price was good and the extra room was really enjoyed. We had a pull out sofa instead of a pullman bunk bed so we were very comfortable. We also enjoyed just hanging out in our room to relax/read/nap, since it was spacious, and we didn't have too fight for a spot on the lido deck. There were 3 air conditioning vents we could adjust, and the room was super cold when we wanted it to be. I've cruised on all the major cruise lines. Carnival is a more laid back, fun vibe. You don't get all the details and extras that you may get on Disney, but you pay less as well. That allows us to vacation more often, and we prefer Disney World land vacations to Disney Cruises, so we are fine with the level Carnival offers. Especially with a pre-schooler, we're not looking for a luxury cruise. The kid's club was AWESOME! Our daughter loved it and was so much happier there than if I'd tried to get her to sit still and quiet at things like trivia or shows. We only dropped her off for an hour or 2 at a time here and there, but she was always happy to go back, and it seemed like the counselors really liked being around kids. I wish I'd gotten there names to be able to put them in our survey after. We were assigned a phone for the whole trip and encouraged to call to check in or stop by if we wanted. We left a change of clothes there just in case. They had dance parties, movies, games, face painting and crafts in the short time she was there. Room service was one of my favorite things. I don't know what it is about a PB&J when you don't have to make it yourself but they were delicious! There was usually a couple minute hold to place your order, but they were quick and efficient and we never waiting longer than 20 minutes for food to show up. We had a lazy laid back cruise, so we ordered room service 1-2x/day in addition to breakfast drop off. Each night we'd fill out our morning sheet for cereal and coffee and leave it on the doorknob and they dropped off food on the early end of the window we'd select that day. It was great for holding us over to a sea day brunch or to eat before we got to our excursion. Tip: bring a couple baggies. I did this and packed a bagel and some cereal boxes to bring to one excursion where we didn't know the food situation and it worked out great. We tipped a couple dollars every time someone dropped off room service. Food: the buffet usually left us underwhelmed but aside from the embarkation lunch, we could always find something and never went hungry. Pizza was good but there was usually a line. I never got to try the deli. Main dining room: I love going to the MDR bc I'm the cook at home and I really enjoy not having to cook and clean up after and being served hot food (#momlife). Hubby is a pretty picky eater and got the chicken breast every night. He was getting sick of it by the end but that's kind of on him since he didn't want to try anything else. Food was good, not great but not bad at all. I never saw the strawberry bisque or s'mores parfait on the menu, but we did miss the 2nd elegant night so it could have been there then. Prime rib on elegant night was meh, pretty fatty so I could only eat half. Bacon mac and cheese was awesome. And the waiters were great about bringing DD food during our appetizer. We did bring her tablet for her to sit still while we ate. It went great, we didn't dawdle and dinner usually took 1hr and 15min if we stayed for dessert. One negative food experienced was the Suess brunch... I was bummed because I'd heard so many great things. We were crammed into a small part of the dining room. Every time we got up (to get pics with characters when they told us to), people had to get up or move their chairs in so people could get by. We were crammed 3 of us into a table for 2 with the 3rd chair sat sideways so it could fit. We were getting a picture at the time the waiters were going around taking orders, so we never got to order. After everyone had been served, I finally flagged down a server to place an order. The waffles weren't great, they were not waffle consistency. I asked for tea and got it when we finished our food. We ended up leaving right before the servers came around dancing. It was only $15 for the 3 of us, but I was just disappointed after looking forward to it. Ports: Half Moon Cay- Amazing. I can't even put it into words. Best beach I've ever been to. We wait listed for a cabana and got one the night before we pulled in! It was so great!! We got massages at the beach but they were just ok. Hard to enjoy when covered in sand and there was no area to rinse off right there. They weren't open air to the beach but in a little cabana/shed area. Nassau: we did a British Colonial Hilton Day pass. It was a pretty easy walk from the pier and had a great clean little beach that was nice and quiet and laid back. Freeport: I'd heard to stay on the ship and thought that was an exaggeration. Next time we'll stay on the ship. The area was decimated by hurricanes in 2004 and never built back up. It looks like the hurricanes happened 2 months ago. We traveled 30 min to the carnival beach excursion. The water was rough, the beach crowded and the food and drinks were not great. Overall a great vacation and am in the process of booking another Carnival Cruise on a different ship for the winter! Also, we had FTTF even though we had a suite and I will get it every time I can from now on! The only other negative was the smoke from the casino. It takes up the entire hall so you can't walk through to enjoy, just had to rush through to get where you were going. They'd have trivia nearby and I left once bc it was making me nauseous. Also, 15% autogratuity added in before signing for bar and spa services. DH didn't see this so his spa person ended up getting a 35% tip.

Awesome time on the Ecstasy, family trip

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by bmetz34

Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Grand Suite
Cabin GS U76
Great room. Spacious, so much storage between walk in closet and all the drawers every where. Room steward Reggie was great and prompt with service. We requested the couch be made into a bed at night and back to a couch during the day to enjoy the space and he did it no problem.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins